Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys. :) My roommate yelled at me to do his clothes, so I detailed them too.
View attachment 238128

The sculpt is okay, but not great. When I wiped the paint off, I thought it was terrible. The eyes are wonky and some parts are just not right. But I was able to contour a bit more with shading, so he ended up pretty decent.
View attachment 238127

Truly Amazing & Impressive work Leia !!:clap

Thanks guys. :) My roommate yelled at me to do his clothes, so I detailed them too.
View attachment 238128

The sculpt is okay, but not great. When I wiped the paint off, I thought it was terrible. The eyes are wonky and some parts are just not right. But I was able to contour a bit more with shading, so he ended up pretty decent.
View attachment 238127

Next up is Finn. Hoping to get a Rey soon.

Great job! No offense, I just wasn't into the character, hopefully he's featured more in Ep VIII

Leia. That is fantastic work. You are a true talent. Can't wait to see what you do with Finn.

View attachment 238128

View attachment 238127

Next up is Finn. Hoping to get a Rey soon.

Awesome! Now he looks like Poe instead of Irrfan Khan

I couldn't stand the dead-eyed look of despair on my Poe Dameron anymore, so I repainted him.

View attachment 237952

Looking at it now, I should probably detail his clothes too. :/
Where I am, everything in stores is completely picked over and not restocked.

Wow! Dang that is good. Completely rejuvenates this figure. Post pics of Finn to after the repaint, I bet he will look great as well!

Re: Hasbro legends 6" sw figures

My goodness that looks phenomenal. Do you do 1/6 heads too? Forgive me if it's a trade secret, but I'm getting a sneaking suspicion you too are a fan of powdered pastels/clear coat techniques?

Re: Hasbro legends 6" sw figures

https://www.facebook.com/OldboyCustomTattoo/

Geez. You guys should look through this guy's portfolio. I'm blown away just how good these sculpts are with a repaint on them. They're better than the figuarts ones with this kinda work and that's saying a lot. It really is a let down to see Hasbro drop the ball so low with their deco. Heck I would have bought a slave Leia if she was this good looking. There is in fact a very good Carrie Fisher under that paint.

12341588_1192215000793408_4643890624460108793_n.jpg

12357065_1192215347460040_6661542186389243672_o.jpg

2517_1205877282760513_2629584469411552020_n.jpg

Wow!!! Those are fantastic! I love repainting 1/6 scale heads, but I don't think I have the steady hand to do this scale. Can you tell us your method? Acrylics? Pastels? Tiny, little brushes?

edit: Just looked at the facebook page and I am just blown away. Fantastic work!!!

Wow!!! Those are fantastic! I love repainting 1/6 scale heads, but I don't think I have the steady hand to do this scale. Can you tell us your method? Acrylics? Pastels? Tiny, little brushes?

edit: Just looked at the facebook page and I am just blown away. Fantastic work!!!
Just to clarify, I'm NOT the maker of those customs. I was merely sharing his work. I assume it's mostly acrylics, as there's a lot of liquitex bottles in his photos. I would lean towards pastel layers myself if I were to repaint mine.

Holy cow. These sculpts are incredible, just need better paint. What a masterpiece.

Thanks for the kind words, guys. :) Still looking for Rey.

DioramaMaker, I paint everything from 1:12 to 1:3 and I also sculpt. I use a combination of pastels, acrylic washes, and regular acrylic line work. Usually use a 10/0 or 20/0 brush. Big fan of clear coating sprays to matte things down!

I finally got around to Finn, but I'm less excited about him. I wish I'd sanded off his eyebrows before painting him - they are really raised. They're probably 2mm tall and it makes it hard to do a realistic paint-up. I might wipe him and repaint him because the eyebrows bug me. Sculpt's not bad, though there's something off about it along the jawline. I think he might be a bit chubbier than Boyega actually is.
finn1.jpg
finn4.jpg
finn5.jpg

Anyone else just giving up looking for ANY BS6 figures...
I simply don't know how anyone parent in the country could actually buy a star wars figure for the their kids if they wanted to.
Remember... 90% of figure sales are not adult toy collectors.
My job is on the road so I'm able to make almost Daily runs to TRU .Walmart. Target .Walgreens etc...
Other than Finn and Zuvio..I havent seen a single thing.Still don't even have A Ray, umm the star if the film.
The largest grossing movie in Us HISTORY.. And hasbro can't get a single figure on the shelf at retail Or their own website store.
The pegs should be packed 6 pegs high with constantly adding new inventory..
This is truly a business Epic Fail.

I remember Iron Man 3 came out and in my area in New England there wasn't a single Iron Man 3 Marvel Legends figure available at any store until about 3 months after the movie was out of the theaters. I remember saying then boy does Hasbro really really suck ,they can't even get an Iron Man figure on the shelf before the movie starts ,during the movie is playing ,or even after the movie is out circulation. Compared to what mattel is doing right now where all of the pegs have all the Batman vs Superman figures readily available months before the movie even comes out.

If I can't find anything searching almost daily multiple stores how the hell does the average consumer ever walk into a store to buy their kids a Star Wars figure. Did somebody actually have to tell Hasbro that the new Star Wars movie was going to be huge I mean even if they didn't know it was going to be the number one movie in history I got to imagine some knuckle dragger at Hasbro corporate offices had to figure that the demand for these toys was going to be epic. I've pretty much given up and I've almost decided that the best thing to do is just wait it out and hopefully things change down the road but I've got to tell you when I see people spending insane amounts of money and I mean the more money than brains crowd type of money for figures that just came out within the last few weeks that are supposed to retail for $20 and people spending 5 times that !!! Just makes my head scratch.

Well done Hasbro.....well done

There are a lot of 6" Phasmas appearing on eBay for cheap including weapon - I'm guessing knock-off quality, but they look okay in the (smallish) pics.

I think I'm going to attempt to repaint my black series figures. Rey is my second favorite SW character next to Yoda, and she's one of the worst figures paint wise.

Back