Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think so since the whole disney killing the expanded universe thing. He's just a character from an old game on an outdated system now.

Was at the mall last week and I wandered into Newbury Comics (A store in my state that sells a wide variety of entertainment and pop culture stuff among other things) I saw that they had a few Stormtroopers priced at, get this: forty bucks! I was kind of shocked, because they're usually overpriced in that store but I'd never seen anything quite that bad.

Re: Hasbro legends 6" sw figures

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417476665.503771.jpg

Just got this bad boy in the mail.

To lengthen Vader's neck:

Step 1: Wait for Figuarts Vader.

Step 2: Wait for Mafex Vader.

Step 3: Cry.

I cry at the thought of a plastic articulated cape..... That is the epitome of terrible looking to me. Even worse than black series squat vader.

I'm pretty sure at this point Walgreens.com took my money without ever actually intending on sending me my Boba Fett I ordered back in august

Last edited:
I randomly found this custom black series Vader on the net. Talk about an improvement and it seems to have been accomplished with only a little paint, milliput, some tailoring, and an epic force Vader helmet (the dome is from BS Vader).

Link to the description and pictures of the custom:
Link

Pics:
66935-2.jpg

66935-1.jpg

66935-4.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by krispinwah View Post
I'm pretty sure at this point Walgreens.com took my money without ever actually intending on sending me my Boba Fett I ordered back in august
Yep. Seems to be the case.

That sucks. I cancelled my order but don't know if money was ever sent or refunded. This is something I will have to check. Thanks for the heads up.

Yeah, that's a lot better looking then the factory one but WAY too involved for a basic touch up job.

LOL a 'little miliput' for a $20 figure- pass at this scale. All the effort for making a passable Vader at 1:6 scale is one thing but at this scale....fug it

I think the customizer was ambitious, and it turned out great, but I am sure most of the improvement can be made without using milliput. This figure would be vastly improved by merely throwing the Epic Force Vader helmet (with the Black Series dome) on it and futzing the soft goods. While that does still seem like a lot of work for a small figure, Vader is probably the one character that would warrant it considering how important he is to star Wars and how badly Hasbro messed it up. Of course, having said all that, I am just planning on getting one of the japanese versions (medicom, figuarts, revoltech, bandai) that is in scale with the black series. If I am not satisfied with those then I might alter the black series fig.

Back