Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hasbro legends 6" sw figures

I'm surprised there is no limit on those. At least like 10 figure limit. No wonder they sell out so fast. I'm sure there are quite a few people who do that too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

there is a 2 figure limit...it's resellers like this guy why your fav figs are so hard to find.

Ok that's good but I guess not totally helping. Do you sell figures then lipsmack? You would need like 25 accounts to get 50. Lol
I still haven't seen a boba. I guess some guy went to the Disney store right before me and bought 6! The employee told me. Thanks guy who got there before me!

I just got my wave 3 from BBTS. I actually like all of them. I wish Obi-Wan had come with his robes, I'm surprised they gave robes to Darth Maul but skipped out on giving Obi-Wan a set. I think Bespin Luke looks a lot better in person then in pictures. Stormtrooper is definitely the best form the wave. I'm glad they're repacking him in later waves. I definitely want more of him.

Re: Hasbro legends 6" sw figures

there is a 2 figure limit...it's resellers like this guy why your fav figs are so hard to find.

Exactly. He'll make a quick few bucks and feel great about himself while most of us will need to pay above and beyond for these Stormies. It's resellers like this that ruin the hobby for the average collector

You're joking right Lipsmack? Or did you actually just seriously confess you're purposefully ripping off collectors ON a collector forum where everybody complains about how bad distribution is?

Of course he's kidding. He wants to set this up on his shelf:
ebay01.jpg
Who doesn't want to do that. We been waiting patiently for Sideshow to let us do it, but since they are only interested in Episode 2... just wait till you see the scout troopers disappear.

You're joking right Lipsmack? Or did you actually just seriously confess you're purposefully ripping off collectors ON a collector forum where everybody complains about how bad distribution is?

No being COMPLETELY Serious... I do in fact have 8 wives....

:lol

I'm generaly laughing at the poeple who are shelling out crazy money for these. ESPECIALLY for boba Fett. It's not like none of these figures will ever se re-release. Fett was recently confirmed for a repack later on down the line. The Sandtrooper is getting a reissue, and hasbro knows Stromtroopers and clones sell.
Paying more than retail for these is foolish. But then, we do live in an era of instant gratification, with ADD, and impatience running rampant.

I'm generaly laughing at the poeple who are shelling out crazy money for these. ESPECIALLY for boba Fett. It's not like none of these figures will ever se re-release. Fett was recently confirmed for a repack later on down the line. The Sandtrooper is getting a reissue, and hasbro knows Stromtroopers and clones sell.
Paying more than retail for these is foolish. But then, we do live in an era of instant gratification, with ADD, and impatience running rampant.

Yeah, you cant blame resellers if theres BUYERS there paying their ransom :lol

And stormtrooper is confirmed repack for the wave with jedi luke and vader...

Resellers /retailers or scalpers, I think there's a difference no?

So spot on, and I speak as a victim to it myself (well not actual ADD I think).

In a year's time, if Fett is still not rereleased I might sell mine out of sympathy for a good price (basically what I paid for it). I'm far from the character's biggest fan. Also if my shelves start cramming, he might go.

By the way, not a lot of collection pictures here. Anyone got some neat displays with the three waves so far?

Distribution is a big contributor but at the end of the day, these are plastic toys and no one needs it so bad that they have to be in debt or have a "hurt" wallet over these...

Carnage in the spidey line was a hard to find figure on release, and just in the past week I have seen at least 7 on the pegs (I already have 5 myself) so theres enough supply in these lines.

The MAIN culprit are the tards who need to buy off ebay and constantly bid it up to ridiculous prices week 1. then the figs hit retail week two and everyone who finds them sees the jacked prices on ebay and where do you think they go... we collectors are our own enemies... I dont believe in "Scalpers" its simply other collectors making bank

There IS a difference.

Retailers are major stores who buy in bulk from Hasbro.

REsellers GENERALY are people who might have an extra to unload, and want to make a couple of bucks for their trouble ( 5-15% profit) or they're unloading from their personal collections. MOST colectors are resellers to a certian extent.

Scalpers are neckbeards who stock up on all the rare figures in a given area, preventing others from buying them, trying to corner the market to create artificial scarcity and rarity. they then take advantage of the collector completest paranoia, posibly even taking to message boards to drive up the hype. they typiclay are not happy unless tehy make 100-200% profit.

Sometimes, being at the right place at the right time can have really good results. This was at Times Square Toys R Us. They had three Boba Fett 6-inch figures. I got two, one to keep and one to trade for a stormtrooper in case I run into problems finding that in stores. I'm not sure how long that last one I left back there will last.

IMG_5266_.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5266_.jpg
    IMG_5266_.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 430
Sometimes, being at the right place at the right time can have really good results. This was at Times Square Toys R Us. They had three Boba Fett 6-inch figures. I got two, one to keep and one to trade for a stormtrooper in case I run into problems finding that in stores. I'm not sure how long that last one I left back there will last.

IMG_5266_.jpg

Excellent move and attitude imo. It's a smart reason to buy two, not unreasonably selfish, not based on scalping and you leave one for another lucky fellow. Congrats man.

And Lerath666 phrased the destinction excellently. I'm deffo reseller but tat's because I dislik piling up stuff, I'm a bare essentials collector nd ergo often sell outdated or otherwise old collections. Only aim I have is to get as close as possible to an overall no-loss balance. Usually I just try to get what I paid for it as I keep my things in good condition.

Excellent move and attitude imo. It's a smart reason to buy two, not unreasonably selfish, not based on scalping and you leave one for another lucky fellow. Congrats man.

Thank you. That was a really nice thing to say. :) Now the hunt begins for the sure-to-be-impossible-to-find Stormtrooper from wave 3.

Damn I was just at Time square TRU and I didn't look at the black series stuff because I figured they wouldnt have anything. I have a boba fett but I wouldn't mind a second one.

Back