Has there ever been talks of anyone doing a Keaton Batman in 1/6th scale?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The pics are coming soon guys.... Honestly, not to brag but it looks good! Ill try to take some really nice pics, I am working on a battle damaged one right now and will take pics of that one too.

Bat12.jpg

Bat41.jpg

bat61.jpg

whoa keaton is badass.

and yes, pleeeeeease post pics of the hot toys keaton!!!

It seems 1/6 companies don't think those films are hot enough to warrant investing in. I disagree though.

Question for the guys in the know: Who's made the best Keaton Bats out of CW and SS. Got to say i'm not the biggest fan of Sovereign Studio. Think his sculpting skills are lacking but can someone post comparison pics please?

Question for the guys in the know: Who's made the best Keaton Bats out of CW and SS. Got to say i'm not the biggest fan of Sovereign Studio. Think his sculpting skills are lacking but can someone post comparison pics please?

Best Detail wise will be CW by far. Only thing that SS had better was articulation/poseability.

I gotta say I was real close to buying a custom workz batman some while back but am holding out just to see if hot toys ever does a keaton batman.

Both have their good and bad points.

IMHO:

SS Bats has great articulation and the one in the picture above is two versions old but I think has the best of SS's sculpts second only to his original which looked to be a direct cast of the 1:6 89 Batman statue. This one still looks a little too long in the jaw though.

The armor is near perfect but the boots are a bit large. The cape is ok but not really all that great. It's too stiff and doesn't really hang well but has great texture. It's my biggest nit with this figure.

The belt is nicely detailed and painted but curves inward toward his waist. It should fit completely upright around his body if you get my meaning.

Although it doesn't have the screen accurate look I like that Shawn used the lycra undersuit (which I think he quit using recently) because it increases the articulation. Whatever he's switched to doesn't look to inhibit movement from the pics I've seen though.

Custom Workz has the most accurate sculpt since it appears to be a direct cast of the statue with possibly a slight tweak in the lips.

His upper body armor is nice and so are the glove and boot sculpts but the leg armor is very bumpy for some reason. I prefer CW's gloves over SS's. They are solid cast in resin as opposed to SS's which are rubber and some other material for the "fins".

Articulation is very, very poor due to the thick but accurate looking pleather undersuit and the cape is even worse than SS's being that it's too thick as well.

To me it's almost neck and neck. I've swayed back and forth many times but for now I favor SS's but I don't have his most recent version so I can't say for sure.

Hope that helps!

I really, really want to see what qstoysandcollectibles' has come up with though. I'm still waiting for the ultimate 1989 Bats for my collection.

Who did the Batman on the right with the grapnel gun and stand? Is it for sale?

Here are the very first versions of 89 & Returns made by SS :-

usapic003.jpg

usapic001.jpg

Heads, gloves & boots are all in resin and the bat emblem on the
returns one is not correct.
They are really nice figures............

Here are the 89 + Returns made by Henry Wayne. Gloves + Boots + cowls are in soft vinyl & removable.

1217644015.jpg

1217645937.jpg

These are really nice figures too..................

Last edited:
still wainting for that custom batman from the guy who said in the 2nd page he made keaton batman, so where are the pics?

imo, no custom keaton batman looks good enough...so far (so, I'm waiting)

Okay, here are the pics I promised. Figure is not complete, but here are some pics of a Custom Battle Damaged one I am doing for a customer. I took the pics with my family camera and this figure looks way better in person. Let me know what you guys think.....
DSC06199.jpg

DSC06202.jpg

DSC06205.jpg

DSC06204.jpg

DSC06206.jpg

DSC06207.jpg

DSC06200.jpg

DSC06214.jpg

Nice, q. Very nice. I like that you went with that sculpt. It's the best out there so far and the cape looks good too. The armor damage looks great. Add a little damage to his bat emblem and you've got it made.

The face injury looks a little too large and bright to me though and don't forget, Keaton's eyes are green not the commonly done blue.

Overall nice job. :rock What body is that?

Back