Has Sideshow's CS lost what made them great?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kuzeh

Machete Don't Tweet!
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I remember back in the day when Sideshow would do almost anything to get things sorted out as far as CS goes.
That's what's always made SS a great company, besides their amazing products of course... but we've seen a lot of changes lately, and I think CS has suffered this too.

I've had to contact CS twice for different things the past 2 weeks. One to push forward a Flex pay last payment, the other one to try an combine two orders... both cases, the response was, sorry, it cannot be done.
It used to be different, little things like this were an easy fix, and I'm sure they are just a click away for them... so what has happened? :dunno... It's not like I'm canceling my orders, just requesting little things IMO.
I remember a few times where they would combine my items regardless of them being ordered separately...

Anybody had something like this happen lately?

I still think SSC has great customer service. I have never once had a bad experience and they are nothing but helpful and friendly.

Thread also rated.

Trolls... reported!! :thwak

No seriously guys, it has always been great service, and they are indeed friendly, never said it was not... but these last couple of calls I've had basically I haven't been helped... so just wondering if people have had similar experiences lately and if so... what has changed?

Hi Guys,

Sorry if you've had a call where you feel you haven't been helped. We're always looking for feedback on new and old policies. We're always growing and always looking for ways to improve the services we offer, while still being able to operate at an efficient pace.

We have recently done a lot of programming updates that will help maintain our Flexschedules and maintain the increasing amount of orders coming in. With that in mind, some things are being automated which may hinder some aspects of how we're able to help you with your individual order.

With the concern of processing a flexpayment early there are times were a split shipment has been received and we do not have the available stock to process early. A majority of the time, if an item is in stock, you will be able to pay off the balance, but there will be a few times where you have to wait until subsequent shipments are received.

There's a few reasons combing orders may not be possible, which I don't want to bore everyone with. But if you have any questions, shoot CS an email and if you want, you can ask for it to be forwarded to me.

Thanks for understanding!

I remember back in the day when Sideshow would do almost anything to get things sorted out as far as CS goes.
That's what's always made SS a great company, besides their amazing products of course... but we've seen a lot of changes lately, and I think CS has suffered this too.

I've had to contact CS twice for different things the past 2 weeks. One to push forward a Flex pay last payment, the other one to try an combine two orders... both cases, the response was, sorry, it cannot be done.
It used to be different, little things like this were an easy fix, and I'm sure they are just a click away for them... so what has happened? :dunno... It's not like I'm canceling my orders, just requesting little things IMO.
I remember a few times where they would combine my items regardless of them being ordered separately...

Anybody had something like this happen lately?

Sometimes, I think it might have to do with the particular CS rep you get. I had to call in twice for two Wait List items that got converted and I had to update the shipping address. The notification e-mail I received said I should update the address prior to the actual convert date. So I did that with my first convert and the rep was nice enough to tell me that although she couldn't do it right at that minute because my WL had not converted yet, she would put a note on the order so that when it did convert, the shipping address would be updated. And voila, that's exactly what happened. The second time I had to do that for another WL item, the rep I spoke with that time told me it couldn't be done and I'd have to call back when the WL was actually converted.

So for some issues, I do believe it depends on the CS rep you get.

Hi Guys,

Sorry if you've had a call where you feel you haven't been helped. We're always looking for feedback on new and old policies. We're always growing and always looking for ways to improve the services we offer, while still being able to operate at an efficient pace.

We have recently done a lot of programming updates that will help maintain our Flexschedules and maintain the increasing amount of orders coming in. With that in mind, some things are being automated which may hinder some aspects of how we're able to help you with your individual order.

With the concern of processing a flexpayment early there are times were a split shipment has been received and we do not have the available stock to process early. A majority of the time, if an item is in stock, you will be able to pay off the balance, but there will be a few times where you have to wait until subsequent shipments are received.

There's a few reasons combing orders may not be possible, which I don't want to bore everyone with. But if you have any questions, shoot CS an email and if you want, you can ask for it to be forwarded to me.

Thanks for weighing in, Mike. I've done business with Sideshow for many years now and have never had a problem with their CS. Although, I still haven't received my shipping notice for HT Luke... So you might get a call from me. :lol

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the info Mike,
I understand, it's just weird how small things that used to be simple, aren't anymore... but I completely understand if things are being re-organized...
In this particular case, the thing is, we Californians get hit with taxes and expensive shipping, so I thought it would've been a simple thing to combine these orders. I've done it in the past, maybe 2-3 years ago and there wasn't an issue with those orders. I just found it a bit odd that it couldn't be done for 2 in-stock items.

And for the FlexPay order I was told "it just couldn't be done" no details about the availability of items was made, so that was odd as well.

Anyway, thanks again for your help.

So for some issues, I do believe it depends on the CS rep you get.

I've always had dealt with friendly staff from SS, but in this particular case it's more about current policies I think...

Thanks for weighing in, Mike. I've done business with Sideshow for many years now and have never had a problem with their CS. Although, I still haven't received my shipping notice for HT Luke... So you might get a call from me. :lol

Me neither... :tap
:lol!

Back