Has Sideshow changed any statue before because of suggestions?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terminus

Freakzoid
Reaction score
I was just wondering, "after" Sideshow has posted up the pictures of a statue, have they ever actually changed that statue before because of fan suggestions?

Example of some fan suggestions. (Bucky Barnes face, Wolverine seam-line, Kratos Blade of Athena, etc.)

I was just wondering, "after" Sideshow has posted up the pictures of a statue, have they ever actually changed that statue before because of fan suggestions?

Example of some fan suggestions. (Bucky Barnes face, Wolverine seam-line, Kratos Blade of Athena, etc.)

I've only collected Sideshow for a few months, but yes!!! The two examples I know of are Black Cat LSB's eye color and Psylocke comiquette's eyebrows.

Theres been instances where the press shots look different than the actual product. IE-Namor vs. Ironman diorama. The water looks less marine green and more realistic. Or maybe it was the light.

I don't think there has ever been a change that involves something sculpted such as a pose or likeness. Colors do change and that's about it.

In my experience no Sideshow has changed a sculpt due to fan input. For example I think there is a 99.999% chance that Sideshow will not change Thanos' ugly face on that Diorama. I fthey do I'll eat my hat.

Christ will you ever drop it. Its quite obvious this is BS as its sold out. SS please do not change the Thanos face. I love it.:monkey3

Example of some fan suggestions. Bucky Barnes face, Wolverine seam-line, Kratos Blade of Athena, etc

Kratos Blade...possible. Wolverine Seam-line...Wolverine has already shipped. There is no possible chance that they will change the statue now. Buck Barnes face...probably a 000.1% chance that they will do ANYTHING to his face at this point. Changing it completely, not a chance.

The recent changes that people have talked about were literally cosmetic changes. Changing eye color or the eyebrows is as simple as using different paint colors after production. Resculpts are unlikely.

In my experience no Sideshow has changed a sculpt due to fan input. For example I think there is a 99.999% chance that Sideshow will not change Thanos' ugly face on that Diorama. I fthey do I'll eat my hat.

Christ will you ever drop it. Its quite obvious this is BS as its sold out. SS please do not change the Thanos face. I love it.:monkey3

Yeah dude, its time to let it go. You can hold out and complain all you want, but the statue is sold out...which means SS couldnt care less that a couple people "hate the face".

I think they changed Bullseye comiquette (teeth?), Rambo PF, Thanos dio (possibly light up), but more because they ran into a brick wall trying to sell those. If stuff is selling adequately, they will just try to make money off it.

If you don't like something, probably best don't order or cancel it.

I think they changed Bullseye comiquette (teeth?), Rambo PF, Thanos dio (possibly light up), but more because they ran into a brick wall trying to sell those. If stuff is selling adequately, they will just try to make money off it.

If you don't like something, probably best don't order or cancel it.

With the Thanos Dio, its not clear whether the light up feature was a later add on, or something in development that they didnt know if they could pull off. Better to add something later then take something away.

With the Thanos Dio, its not clear whether the light up feature was a later add on, or something in development that they didnt know if they could pull off. Better to add something later then take something away.

Yeah, I worked from the assumption that the ES had already been set, so an addition at that stage would be for the benefit of selling it out or keeping people from cancelling. We'll never know for sure tho'.

The Count Dooku PF had the head resculpted from the one originally shown for the pre-order prototype to the final released statue.

We are still waiting on the neytiri issues as well. Hoping she will be the exception to the rule, and have her issues corrected. If not I just hope we see final production pieces before our cards are charged so we have the chance to cancel before they ship.

M if you were to read back most of your posts on this board it would revolve around Thanos face and how you wish it would be changed.

Yeah dude, its time to let it go. You can hold out and complain all you want, but the statue is sold out...which means SS couldnt care less that a couple people "hate the face".

The person that started the thread asked a question as to whether or not Sideshow changes a statue due to fan suggestions or input and I said no they don't, and I gave one prime example of this. Do you have any examples of Sideshow changing something because fans didn't like it or last minute input? It dosen't matter whether or not I like the face on Thanos because Sideshow is not going to change it once it is previewed. Sideshow could care less if the sculpt was or was not sold out, they don't change statues due to fan response.

Don't get me wrong I'm thrilled that Sideshow is making Thanos and not the 17th version of Ironman or Wolverine. I just wanted this sculpt to rock and it does all the way up the the face. Will I keep it? maybe, if the light-up feature rocks, if not I'll cancel and let the next fan or flipper on the wait list have it. Bowen's Thanos in the chair is really tempting me away from this all together, but we'll see.

The Count Dooku PF had the head resculpted from the one originally shown for the pre-order prototype to the final released statue.

CORRECT - his likeness was changed significantly after the prototype was shown based on fan input. There were also significant changes to the anakin pf after the proto was shown. So YES it has happened.

Back