Has Rising Figure Prices Forced You To Change What You Collect?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:goodpost::exactly:

Anybody that spends $220 on an action figure that's going to sit on a shelf would be better off spending the money on a good psychiatrist to find out why a grown man would spend that kind of money on an over priced action figure that only cost Hot Toys $25 - $40 to manufacture.

What about finding a good psychiatrist for the poor, fool of a grown man who's trolling a toy forum because he's jealous of them? :huh

I'd rather spend my money on "over priced action figures" than your food stamps, clothing vouchers and welfare checks. :wave

Last edited:
Anybody that spends $220 on an action figure that's going to sit on a shelf would be better off spending the money on a good psychiatrist to find out why a grown man would spend that kind of money on an over priced action figure that only cost Hot Toys $25 - $40 to manufacture.

:lol at grown men who come onto toy forums proselytizing to others what they should do with their own goddamn money.

What about finding a good psychiatrist for the poor, fool of a grown man who's trolling a toy forum because he's jealous of them? :huh

I'd rather spend my money on "over priced action figures" than your food stamps, clothing vouchers and welfare checks. :wave

:lol at grown men who come onto toy forums proselytizing to others what they should do with their own goddamn money.

Two excellent posts. My sentiments exactly.

Last edited:
:goodpost::exactly:

There is really no need to spend any money on a psychiatrist the answers are readily avalible on the web see - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychology_of_collecting and many many other articals and it may give you some understanding on what your talking about.

:lol :rotfl :lol :rotfl :lol

:exactly: I guess he only buys products that cost about the same to manufacture. :lol

Has the current Hot Toys's Catalog Forced You To Change What You Collect?

Yes..to many Avengers, Batman, comic related characters has my interest to only 1 out of the 20 pre-order offering in the line-up.

:lol :goodpost: Sad, but true. The forum is becoming dominated by mindless haters and opinion spammers.

Not so much the rising prices, more the lack of anything interesting anymore.

Christ, I'm starting to sound like Nova. ;)

But I want that Carlito's Way figure, like yesterday.

Answer to question .. No.
If companies keep bringing out cool figures, I'll buy them.

Has the current Hot Toys's Catalog Forced You To Change What You Collect?

Yes..to many Avengers, Batman, comic related characters has my interest to only 1 out of the 20 pre-order offering in the line-up.

A little yes to the original question and Yes to the above one, i'm at 2/20 currently.

Hoping to make that 3 soon with one i'm particularly looking forward to going up for order ;) :impatient:

Last edited:
absolutely it has. I've stopped buying new releases and end up buying older figures that are going fairly cheap.

The new products are awesome though.

This is my first time on here guys so I'm just going tell it the way I see it, and how I'm affected buy the pricing.
I myself am into the 1/6 scale figures.
The way I used to collect was to buy the hero of a movie and his partner or nemeses eg: I'd buy Batman and the Joker of all the movies, but now Cat woman is coming out soon and I'm not even going to bother, even though it looks hot.
I've bought all the Predators but I'm not going to bother with Nolan where before I wouldn't even think about it I would just go out and buy it. There would be many occasions where I would visit my local store and buy two, three and some times four figures at a time but but now with the prices that are listed on these figures Ive come to the realization that enough is enough.
I run a successful business and it's not that I don't have the money it's just that I've realized figures now are too expensive for what they are. So I don't know how other people get the money to support this hobby.
I was obsessed with having all the Star Wars figures that Sideshow have released, after re evaluating the costs I've decided to spend my money elsewhere. I would have bought Besbin Luke but why do I want two figures of the same character, an extra head sculpt only, would have been good enough without the extra cost.
To answer the question on the thread I've been upgrading my surfing and kitesurfing gear and my other hobbies I'm into instead.
I'm much more selective now.

Last edited:
Your first post and you're already cutting back. It doesn't normally go like that till you're here for at least a few months! :lol

My tastes have changed and I find myself looking at more & more of the really high end HT stuff, this was ok a year or two ago but I can't justify paying that kind of money on figures anymore.
My collecting days are pretty much over, which is gutting as there is so much cool stuff about.

The day Hot Toys standard line figures hit 300 a piece witch is looking like it might be sooner then later... Ill close to the door to there standard line and Collect the DX's only a lot easier to keep up with... Right now I buy what ever looks good to me so my collection has shot out control...

Back