Has Hot Toys ever considered doing a Clint Eastwood line?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Collector47

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Imagine the awesome characters they could make from his films?

Dirty Harry
Outlaw Josey Wales
Gran Torino
Unforgiven

I believe those would be extremely popular since his characters reach such a wide and varied age demographic. If we thought the accessories were great on Jack Sparrow, imagine them on characters like Josey Wales!

It appears that, like a lot of other acting talent, Clint won't sign over his likeness to toy manufacturers.

in terms of figures based on an actor and their various roles, i'd choose Arnold Schwarzenegger and Bruce Willis:

• John Matrix
  • Ben Richards
  • Doug Quaid

• John McClane
  • Butch
  • Hartigan

Nah, Eastwood all the way. Josey Wales, Blondie/Manco/Joe, Dirty Harry, tons of potential characters. I'd like a McClane, but to me, Eastwood would be a grail, more so than another Ahnuld variant. Of course, I'm sure you feel the same way about my preference of Batman variants, but you know what they say:"different strokes for different folks."

How can you guys mention a Clint Eastwood line and exclude Every which way but loose! No love for a 1/6 Clyde!
Every-Which-Way-But-Loose.jpg

How can you guys mention a Clint Eastwood line and exclude Bridges of Madison County !

I have wanted a hot toys clint forever, and since it never looked to likely I made my own. Not exactly from a particular film but mostly has a dirty harry vibe:)

I looked all over the place trying to find the 44 magnum, and finally found this 44 automag that he used in his 4th dirty harry film sudden impact, but I'm still looking for the red vest to finish the look.

Do ya feel lucky???

Well you shouldn't. Because it ain't happenin'. That is until at least after Clint passes away which I really hope is not soon.

He's not signing over his likeness for anything, no way, no how.

I once talked to a sculptor for Mcfaralne toys back in the late 90s when their movie maniacs line was hot they contacted Clint about a few figures the replies went un returned. The agent finally told them he was not interested in any merchandise with his likeness on it, ever, no way no how no amount of money.

If you've ever read any interviews with Clint you could also tell this is the kind of thing he would just hate. Probably because he's just too practical and logical a man. Can you blame him? This sort of thing is damn creepy:FREAK::monkey3:peace

Clint's resistance to commercializing his image made sense to me until I read this article today...

https://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0o...in-mrs-eastwood-&-co-reality-show-1028648.php

Now how the heck do you argue purity in your craft but then let your family get subjected to a Gene Simmons-style reality show? Something lost in that translation. :slap Perhaps he's beginning to loosen the reigns, so maybe there is hope.

Back