Has anyone ever tried to tattoo a figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Iron Koob

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm thinking of creating a character from a headplay sculpt. The character is not real, but I want to tattoo his face. Any ideas? So far, I can only think to use a sharpie

I've used the staedtler permanent lumocolor pen Line width S. You can gloss over it and it doesnt run or anything.
IMAG0021_zps8515c7ae.jpg

It depends on how elaborate you want to get and
if you want to recreate the tatt more than once.

I have a girl who works in a RC shop and she can make
stencils for pretty much anything.

I used stencils on my Van Zan figure tattoos(Arms, chest & back) as well as some others.
I airbrushed, spray painted or sharpied them on, then touched them up with
an ultra fine black sharpie.

VanZanStencilsFinal.jpg

VANZANSE2.jpg

VZFENGHEAD2.jpg

VZ61.jpg

Back before any touch-ups.
VZBackTattstenciltest1C.jpg

She's fast and very reasonable.
Anyways, if you(or anyone else) wants her email address, here it is.

Christine Raver: [email protected]

Tell her IKE-CON sent you.

I have made tons of tattoos using water slide decals in my ink jet printer. I get them at my local hobby shop-Testors. I make or find the graphics I want, size them in MS word, do a test print or 2 on plain paper to make sure the size is where I want it then I print them on the decal paper. Cut them out, soak them in warm water for a few seconds, then apply. I usually go over them with Future floor polish to seal them (I was using a water based matte varnish but it dried way too fast and left lumps or ***** while i was trying seat the decals). Then a spray of dull cote and you are all set. For a face you may need to re gloss the lips and eyes but that is easy. If you don't seal them with something first the dull cote will eat the ink on your decal. I learned that the hard way too.

You can't write B A L L $ on this forum either? That is the word that should be after lumps.

I've used the staedtler permanent lumocolor pen Line width S. You can gloss over it and it doesnt run or anything.
IMAG0021_zps8515c7ae.jpg

wow that looks awesome . would love a seth from dust till dawn in my collection . anychance of uploading anymore pics of him? would love to see if i could try do a custom one of seth . great work dude :hi5:

I've had good luck using a Sharpie oil paint marker.
Do the outline and use a toothpick (quickly) to drag the color from the edge toward the center.
I used this technique recently on a Henry Rollins I did.

Deathasylum did the expendables tattoos by hand, those came out great, I'll try and find some photos.

Back