Action Figure Has anyone ever shopped at shophottoys.com? Is it a scam?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, the first 5-10 google results of just the name mentions “scam”, so mmm....avoid.
f647913212d495d199679362aeea67af.jpg

Anyone remember the Aussie online store Premium Collectibles? Dodgy AF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

'Contact Us' section looks sketchy.

I'm only surprised they don't offer 'carrier pigeon' as an option.

My Avast won't even let me enter the site. I'd definitely say avoid like the plague, the same as Alibaba (which amazingly someone recommended yesterday).

I'm only surprised they don't offer 'carrier pigeon' as an option.

My Avast won't even let me enter the site. I'd definitely say avoid like the plague, the same as Alibaba (which amazingly someone recommended yesterday).

It was aliexpress.com.

It wasn't me who recommended it here yesterday, but I've bought several Saint Seiya figures there since years, from different retailers, for about $45 each. The prices were good, and the figures always arrived safe and sound.
It seems that some people had bad experiences shopping there. I never had any problems though tbh.

While I haven't purchased any figures from Aliexpress, I've purchased a but of other stuff regular from Aliexpress. You as a buyer are protected by Aliexpress but you really need to watch for bootlegs if you are buying figures.

I was mixing it up with Alibaba. I’ve never heard of Aliexpress. Will check it out.

Aliexpress are reliable but it takes a bit longer to get items. They mostly ship by a slow boat from China.
Also watch for bootlegs and factory rejects. You can tell by the price. If a $80 item sells for $14.99.....

Back