Has anybody bought off eBay?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jay321

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Thinking about getting the red hulk! The price looks good just wondering has anybody bought a piece off eBay? Or should I just stick to the sideshow site only

Thinking about getting the red hulk! The price looks good just wondering has anybody bought a piece off eBay? Or should I just stick to the sideshow site only

You can't buy the Rulk off of the SSC page it was a retailer exclusive. Do you have a Local Comic Store???

Yea I know I can't buy it in sideshow. But there's no comic store around so thats what leads me to eBay

You take your chances.

Statues are easily damagable so must be packaged very securely. Always go for those with good feedback, but keep in mind that's not a guarentee

Good luck

Oh by the way I have two GREAT experiences buying on eBay just so you know.

Make sure you protect yourself though... Get pics and a description... Pay with PayPal and keep it all in the 45 day protection period.

Last edited:
Oh by the way I have two GREAT experiences buying on eBay just so you know.

Make sure you protect yourself though... Get pics and a description... Pay with PayPal and keep it all in the 45 day protection period.

I have bought several things off eBay and never had any problems. Just really read the description, look at the photos, ask questions and look at their history.

If anything seems off or way to good to be true do not buy from them.

And i would never PO anything on Ebay

Good luck

I got into collecting late in the game and I have got many older pieces on eBay and have had no problems. That was before I knew about these forums and I have gotten better deals here. I find you can always get a better price by bidding on an auction instead of Buy It Now.

Ebay is full of tricks. No one actually buys from them, it's just there to tease you and make you give up your money for nothing.

I've bought plenty. Even gotten someone to sell me a pf outside of ebay after it didn't sell during their auction.

Collectors like to bash eBay. Often due to horror stories of people being cheated or scammed. Mostly, though, this is due to their own carelessness.

The fact of the matter is, though, that eBay is a really good place to find those long sold out pieces that you desire to have in your collection. If you decide to venture onto eBay, do be careful, and get to know the rules of the place. Consult the FAQ etc.

Also, always study the feedback history of a potential seller or buyer. Having blind faith in people can lead to unfortunate cases.

I am smart about my ebay purchases and have never had a problem. Had a few issues with having to stay on people to ship stuff ( nothing really valuable ). Over 12 years on ebay and never have been scammed. Just be smart about your purchases, always check the history, pictures and ask questions if necessary. I have even done dozens of off ebay deals with sellers and still, never had an issue. There are exceptions of people being smart and getting scammed but most of the time its carelessness on their part.

first time I bought a sideshow piece off ebay was years ago. It was the Iron Man ex comiquette. Auction stated everything was good no damage. When I got it, it was so obvious the arm had been broken and glued back on by some type of putty that was painted red to match the red on him. Long story short I had to make a claim and get my money back. It sucked cuz I really wanted him but a $1200 broken and fixed statue was not cool.
I've bought small stuff like the marvel archive sets and a couple of six gun legend figures and had no issues. My only big purchase was a hassle. Just make sure youre covered man check feedback of the seller and make sure you read these forums. Theres some good threads with a lot of info as far as buying on ebay...

first time I bought a sideshow piece off ebay was years ago. It was the Iron Man ex comiquette. Auction stated everything was good no damage. When I got it, it was so obvious the arm had been broken and glued back on by some type of putty that was painted red to match the red on him. Long story short I had to make a claim and get my money back. It sucked cuz I really wanted him but a $1200 broken and fixed statue was not cool.
I've bought small stuff like the marvel archive sets and a couple of six gun legend figures and had no issues. My only big purchase was a hassle. Just make sure youre covered man check feedback of the seller and make sure you read these forums. Theres some good threads with a lot of info as far as buying on ebay...
Dang that sucks sorry to hear that! Thanks everyone like all the input

Back