Harry Potter Goblet of Fire!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have a problem with Gambon or any of the other actors for that matter. They're all good in my opinion.

I'm ashamed :eek: I didn't even realize it until buttmunch pointed out about how furious Dumbledore was. In the book he was much more calm. I don't know that is necessarily the actors fault though. Wouldn't it be more the director? Maybe it was supposed to show that the tournament was so dangerous Dumbledore was worried about Harry being in it. I can't really convince myself that is the case though, and even if it is it wasn't a great job showing it. One last point, I think it may cause people who don't read the book to see Dumbledore differently than those who do.

I always had a problem with how Dumbledore is portrayed in the books. Especially after #6.

It always seemed that he had to be either incredibly blind to what was going on, or just cruel in letting such horrible things happen to him. So I actually like Gambon's portrayal of him as not being the incredibly wise and competent, but being someone who is as much in the dark as Harry. I still prefer Harris in the role, but I did think that the goblet scene was very well done.

I agree about 6, I think there's a little something going on there that we haven't been told yet, I have a couple ideas, but I don't want to say anything for fear of spoilers for people. However, other than that I've always thought Dumbledore saw a kindred spirit in Harry, and he knew Harry wouldn't have put his name in the goblet, which was the reason for his book reaction. But there are alot of ways to read it with both book and movie.

Who wins Dumbledore or Gandalf? I dont know much about Dumbledore besides what the movies so, so I dont know his real powers. I liked the MOvies I thought they were all great, I need to read the next book, cause I cant wait 2 years for the next movie.

Darth Waller said:
* raises hand * :D

Good, so I wasn't just imagining things. I wonder why if that is why they put that rubber band in his beard. He looks too much like Gandalf without it.

It seemed to be that Dumbledore was always in control or appeared to be in control in the books. That scene just wasn't Dumbeldore. He acted more like Snape :rolleyes:

I just saw it and it was just ok IMO. I thought it was the worst of the 4 films. I still like 2 and 3 best.

The pace just seemed off to me and there was not a very big ending. The teachers were barely in the movie....the main bad guy (V) had a very weak prescence....

We went yesterday and were very impressed with the movie. I have to admit though that I was surprised at how much was included from the book. Definitely made for a very fast paced and action packed movie. My only real criticism is with Dumbledore. Granted I liked Harris much better, but thought a very good effort was put forth in the last film. I was disappointed with the portrayal this time though.

I have to admit too that while it was great to see Nevel get the props for the gillyweed, I did miss seeing Doby again. You know he's one of those very annoying but lovable characters :google ,

Oh and we took our teenage niece and oldest 2 kids (girl age 5, and boy age 4) They enjoyed the movie a lot. We probably pushed the limit on this one, as our daughter did get a little scared at the end. No nightmares though, she's ready to go back again. Our son ate it up. Annalized the movie the whole way home :wacky

Back