Harmy's Star Wars Despecialized Edition Remastered MKV2.5 Now Available

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are there instructions anywhere on burning these to bluray? I have a bluray writer but I'm not sure what software to use to convert the mkv to bluray format.

More and more I'm thinking that Disney will remake the OT, with doing this young Han Solo thing, re-creating Leia and Tarkin in CG and doing it fairly convincingly. I just feel like they're slowly testing the waters, seeing how people will accept new versions of these characters.

They're going to side-step the whole OT debacle and make their own version and smooth out all the inconsistencies in the OT. Once Episode 9 is finished, they'll probably get to work on the second young Han Solo movie which will lead right up to the ANH timeline, and the next project will be the OT-remake.

I watched the documentary on Harmy's editions last night. It's amazing the amount of effort that was put into the whole thing, and how great the results look to be. Really makes me excited to get them within the next week or two when they arrive.

It also infuriated me with the story about that committee that wanted to select Star Wars as a film that needs to be preserved, but Lucas never gave them the original film. Instead he wanted to give them the 1997 special edition. Seriously, that guy is a giant tool. So glad they told him to go screw, and wouldn't take his crap.

:exactly: :goodpost:

I have been saying for a long time that Star Wars was a huge hit in spite of Lucas. The greatest evidence that Lucas never understood his creation can be found as early as the Star Wars Christmas Special.

Lucas is a great ideas man. But he needs other people who are masters of their craft to step in with control in order to make them masterpieces. Lucas became too revered by the people he worked with to ever be a good filmmaker ever again.

George never wanted the Holiday Special it was part of his deal with Fox at the time. He hates the Holiday Special that's why there has never been an official release of it on home video.

George never wanted the Holiday Special it was part of his deal with Fox at the time. He hates the Holiday Special that's why there has never been an official release of it on home video.

Sure he hates it now. But he still had a say on what it became.

Still dont believe me? 3 words.

Howard The Duck

Honestly, I think they're just waiting until 2020 when the rights to Empire and Jedi transfer to Disney, then they'll shovel as much money as they need to over to Fox to either license or outright buy the rights to New Hope. And then we'll get the official versions of the original trilogy the way we all dream of. But no one at Disney HQ is going to talk that up in any way at this point as it will just raise expectations, and weaken their eventual negotiating position, and the price right along with it. It will already cost them a fortune, they have to retain at least the appearance of being able to play a little hardball and being willing to walk away if the demands are too unreasonably high.

In the meantime I'll keep updating direct from Harmy in order to meet my OT needs.

Sure he hates it now. But he still had a say on what it became.

Still dont believe me? 3 words.

Howard The Duck
He was a producer on Howard the Duck in name alone to help the director out who was a friend, he tried to talk him out of using the guy in a suit and going animated with Howard in fact...you know what was done with Roger Rabbit after that. I suggest you read the book George Lucas the Creative Impulse.

He was a producer on Howard the Duck in name alone to help the director out who was a friend, he tried to talk him out of using the guy in a suit and going animated with Howard in fact...you know what was done with Roger Rabbit after that. I suggest you read the book George Lucas the Creative Impulse.

Wikipedia seems to dispute this, and says that the producer and director on the film both wanted to do animated, while it was Lucas who suggested live action with ILM doing special effects. It cites special features from a DVD release of the film. Apparently part of the reasoning was that Lucas was contractually obligated to make a live-action film for Universal.

--
Questionable decisions about terrible movies aside, today is a perfect day to break out the Despecialized versions for a marathon :)

Honestly, I think they're just waiting until 2020 when the rights to Empire and Jedi transfer to Disney, then they'll shovel as much money as they need to over to Fox to either license or outright buy the rights to New Hope. And then we'll get the official versions of the original trilogy the way we all dream of. But no one at Disney HQ is going to talk that up in any way at this point as it will just raise expectations, and weaken their eventual negotiating position, and the price right along with it. It will already cost them a fortune, they have to retain at least the appearance of being able to play a little hardball and being willing to walk away if the demands are too unreasonably high.

In the meantime I'll keep updating direct from Harmy in order to meet my OT needs.
I don't know how much they will have to pay Fox, they can say we do all the work, and you get x% of sales. Fox gets feee money, there won't exactly be a lot of demand for SW from Fox unless it's a set which they won't be able to do or there are changes that they may not want to spent the $ on. Fox would be stupid not to take the free money while losing nothing.

Man, words can't express how psyched I am to be getting these.

soon.gif

Got my despecialized editions today! Just finished watching Star Wars. Can't even call it A New Hope because it's not in the opening crawl. Just like it should be! It's really quite a thrill to finally see it back in it's original glory. Been waiting years for it, and I really can't express enough gratitude to everyone involved for making this happen. Special thanks to jimjimmyjones85 for the blu-rays, of course. Can't wait to watch Empire, and Jedi.

I got the Despecialized Blu-rays earlier this week and they are phenomenal! I have some older Harmy Despecialized DVDs but the picture here is such a big improvement. Not only that but the presentation of the menu and extra features are very welcome additions. Big thanks to jjj85 for the hook up. :duff

I'm so glad you guys are happy with them.

Destroying the impact of the "Special Edition" one fan at a time ! :grouphug:

Back