Harmy's Star Wars Despecialized Edition Remastered MKV2.5 Now Available

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly ESB is the only film in which most of the changes are perfectly fine (adding Ian McDiarmid in for example), it's ANH and ROTJ where some of the things he adds really hurts the film. It's annoying for me too because I will NEVER be a purist for one reason: Yub Nub. It's honestly trilogy ruining for me. Maybe that's an overreaction but it is. I like the ewoks, but that song as the finale sucks all the emotion right out of the movies for me.

But in order to get the movie without Yub Nub I have to deal with Darth Vader's dumb ass "NOOOOOOOOOOOO". I fully approve of some changes/updating for consistency and better quality visuals/sound. I know most feel differently about it but that's how I feel. However, adding in terrible CGI into ANH which at one point covers up THE ENTIRE SCREEN is degrading to the work. I'm all for making it so you can't see the strings holding up the Tie fighter models but jesus, get rid of the pointless crap that adds nothing.

Maybe one day they'll develop the technology to release a custom blu-ray set where when you order them there's checkboxes to select which version of each scene you want so you can pick and choose. :lol

Yeah i actually prefer the other jedi music not sure what its called. As to not having the no in it you could just watch the Gout version or any early special edition really. The problem with that is the other additions would still be there, crappy cgi sarlacc, changed dialogue, etc. Yeah there is not mix and match option and since there is more bad than good in both ROTJ and SW i would rather just watch only the original versions.

Honestly ESB is the only film in which most of the changes are perfectly fine

Couldn't disagree more. ESB SE is the worst of the bunch IMO. Original ESB was just perfect, and all the SE does is add mistakes (sound effect of Luke's saber turning off when he runs out of the wampa cave--when it's already off and hanging on his belt or all those new windows in Cloud City that appear in one shot but then disappear moments later) or weaker versions of previous scenes (McDiarmid hologram isn't as menacing as Clive Revill, likewise Morrison's dialogue as Fett has none of the snarl of Jason Wingreen's readings.) Don't even get me started on "Alert my Star Destroyer to prepare for my arrival...oh and have a cinnamon latte and my furry slippers waiting for me as well," the pace breaking shuttle scenes, mixing up Vader's grunts and groans during the saber fight, etc.

It's the one SE I just can't get into. The only things I liked were the cleaned up Hoth compositing, but Harmy left those in. Thankfully we all get to pick and choose now so no harm no foul.

Being able to pick and choose is ever so nice. :)

Films aren't completed; they're abandoned. There isn't one director in the history of cinema that didn't wish they had more time, more money, better technology, ect. when they were making their films. The fact that only 1 man in all that time has made his original movies unavailable (and who only directed one out of the three) speaks volumes as to what kind of person George Lucas is. Spielberg realized he made a mistake in altering E.T., you can get both versions of the Exorcist on blu ray, just like Alien, Aliens, and countless other movies that have Director's Cuts. Original Trilogy Star Wars is the exception.

I've never even met George Lucas and I hate the S.O.B. He brought it on himself though. I never did anything to him except give him money. I don't remember anyone ever saying he couldn't make changes to his movies; we just want the originals too. I guess our sin is Greed. (Not Greedo) :dunno

I don't need a 1.5 Work Print to tide me over. 1.0 is good enough until the completed 2.0 is released.

Trust me, the 2.0 workprint is light years ahead of 1.0 in terms of quality. I've got both versions and it's literally night and day.

I'll just keep waiting for the finished version, can't wait to see how improved it is over 1.0. Good to know that he has been working on it.

Me too, I just got my 1.0 not that long ago, so I'm ok waiting for him to complete it. Apparently there are a couple QC issues/glitches with the workprint, but from what I've heard, it's a big improvement, so 2.0 will be awesome! :clap

You and me both, the amount of work that's continually gone into this project is staggering. I wouldn't have been able to keep at it for as long as he has.

I haven't visited this thread in a while. What's the progress on the Blurays? There's a RotJ 2.0 coming out? What versions of the others are there? I got the DVD copies from jimjimmyjones a while back but knew I'd eventually be upgrading to the Bluray format.

I haven't visited this thread in a while. What's the progress on the Blurays? There's a RotJ 2.0 coming out? What versions of the others are there? I got the DVD copies from jimjimmyjones a while back but knew I'd eventually be upgrading to the Bluray format.

The video I posted earlier has an announcement from Harmy that a workprint version of ROTJ 2.0 is available. Star Wars is at v2.5, Empire at v2.0 and the only completed version of Jedi is 1.0. A lot of folks who have seen the workprint say that it is leaps and bounds better, although there are some minor things that need corrected. There's a discussion about it on originaltrilogy.com

You guys will not be disappointed. I looking at the 2.0 work print, I can see the hard work that went into it.

In other words if u have dvd u need to upgrade to blu ray ASAP!

I'll wait for RotJ 2.0 before taking that plunge. I'm content with the Harmy DVD versions for the time being.

Does anyone have some cool Bluray cover art ready for download/printing? Mine are currently in the 2006 boxset with the bonus discs. I chucked the special editions :lol

Back