Harmy's Star Wars Despecialized Edition Remastered MKV2.5 Now Available

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Harmy already said it most likely will not hit before TFA. Sorry guys.

But 1.0 is still available and looks great.

No need to wait to get your set.

I can't wait to dig into this. I'm like Charlie Brown running to the mailbox every day waiting to see if they're here yet. It's wonderfully exciting! :D

th.jpg

Watched Star Wars and it's pretty frickin' AMAZING! That's right, Star Wars. Not "A New Hope", ****ing STAR WARS! Han doesn't shoot first...he shoots. Period. Looks great, sounds great. One guy with a laptop did this? Shame on you, Georgie the Hutt for not putting the tiniest fraction of your billionaire resources to restoring the films that MADE you a billionaire. Shame on you for pretending to give in to the fans and giving us unaltered original trilogy... on ****** non-anamorphic laserdisc transfers that were already a decade old. Harmy has more passion and respect for your creation than you do, and that's beyond unacceptable.

I could go on that rant for days, but I'd rather talk about how great these turned out! If there were any seams in all the patching together from multiple sources, I sure didn't see them. So relieved to be able to watch this movie without bracing for the stoopid Special Ed add-ons and cringeworthy CGI. Watched the first 10 minutes or so of Empire tonight too, just to make sure the Wampa having a snack wasn't there (it wasn't) and it looks incredible too.

If anyone was waiting to get these, you shouldn't. Thanks to jimjimmyjones85 for helping out a tech unsavvy nerd and especially thanks to Harmy for putting everything into this. What a massive undertaking and equally massive results!

Just one nit to pick...can't get Jedi to play. I imagine it has something to do with the file type. My blu ray player is from 2009. Anyone else have this trouble? I tried updating the firmware on it in the past, but no luck. Time for a new player, or is there anything that can be done?

Thanks again, jimjimmyjones85! :yess:

Love seeing a response like that. That;s why I help all that need it or want it. Its like a mission.

So if anyone wants them before TFA or for the holidays hit me up.

Since jimjimmyjones85 hooked me up with the Harmy 1.0 discs way back in 2011 (and then later the 2.0's) I've found that after four years of having instant access to the original versions of the movies that I'm not really bothered by the SE's anymore and even still occasionally watch the ANH and ROTJ SE's (though it took a couple years before I even considered revisiting them.) Now I just see them as alternate cuts that have some things that are cool and some things that are lame but nothing to get worked up about anymore.

If George had simply kept all versions of the films available I don't think there ever would have been any uproar at all. Like LOTR, I actually greatly prefer the theatrical cut of FOTR to the EE but it's no big deal since I get to just pick the version I want.

THIS!!! Exactly this!

Yeah, having the choice is all we wanted. With these discs in hand, I could care less what George does with the SEs. Thrown in Jar Jar in an X-wing attacking the Death Star, have Yoda teach Luke how to use a lightsaber while flipping around like an idiot, let everyone in Jedi just speak English, Ewoks included. Do your worst, because I will always have the originals, so I win. :clap

Yeah, having the choice is all we wanted. With these discs in hand, I could care less what George does with the SEs. Thrown in Jar Jar in an X-wing attacking the Death Star, have Yoda teach Luke how to use a lightsaber while flipping around like an idiot, let everyone in Jedi just speak English, Ewoks included. Do your worst, because I will always have the originals, so I win. :clap

No doubt!

If George had simply kept all versions of the films available I don't think there ever would have been any uproar at all. Like LOTR, I actually greatly prefer the theatrical cut of FOTR to the EE but it's no big deal since I get to just pick the version I want.

Exactly. My harmy discs are loaned to a friend (the third sofar to be overjoyed when I told him that I had them :) ) and today I got an urge to se SW so I had to resort to my blu-ray box that I bought before finding out about Harmys. I can now make it through the SE versions because I know I have access to something better. :)

Out of curiosity has anyone picked up any of the new blu-ray Steelbooks for any of the six films that are now available in stores? Are all of them missing the Fox logos at the beginning other than ANH?

Good question. I haven't watched any of them yet. I'll check when I get home. I didn't notice any Disney logos on the packaging either.

Back