Harmy's Star Wars Despecialized Edition Remastered MKV2.5 Now Available

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought the faces edition laser disc 3 years ago for 30.00 brand new sealed plus a couple players. I had to have the movies as I saw them when they first came out as a kid. Doubt these will ever be released on blu Ray. Will transfer laser disc to blu Ray at some point. Funny, the pioneer laser disc player from 1995 is the first laser disc/DVD combo player from 1995 and still works!

My pioneer is before DVD and still works. Sticks here and there but works.

Glad you now have the Harmy editions to reduce the ultimate need for the LD's.

One thing is certain. You will never see the uncut theatrical editions released ever again. Because Disney. You won't have the 20th Century Fox logos. You won't see the uncut Detention Block scene that Lucas trimmed 20 years ago to remove the blaster shot "violence." Lucas sanitized them before Disney could and would have. The laserdisc box set is the LAST untarnished release of the original films you will ever see. Harmy might have "reconstructed" them in HD with a lot of meticulous and clever editing, but the color correction is off in many scenes and it's still not quite the original versions but I applaud his efforts to preserve them for historical sake.

One thing is certain. You will never see the uncut theatrical editions released ever again. Because Disney. You won't have the 20th Century Fox logos. You won't see the uncut Detention Block scene that Lucas trimmed 20 years ago to remove the blaster shot "violence." Lucas sanitized them before Disney could and would have. The laserdisc box set is the LAST untarnished release of the original films you will ever see. Harmy might have "reconstructed" them in HD with a lot of meticulous and clever editing, but the color correction is off in many scenes and it's still not quite the original versions but I applaud his efforts to preserve them for historical sake.

Great points that I did not think about. I am so glad I have the laser disc versions. This is history that would be lost if we did not have the laser disc or crappy vhs copies. I know the theatrical cuts were a bonus on the DVD release a bit back, but they were poor copies of the full screen versions of the films.

Why am I watching the Return of the Jedi Special Edition? This Jedi Rocks song is TERRIBLE. Why didn't he leave in Lapti Nek? I don't understand you George.

I've got Harmys withdrawal now since I let a friend borrow these.

On the other hand he just texted me saying he was blown away After watching SW and ESB.

I think ESB was probably the easiest to despecialize, but it is definitely taking a lot longer than I thought it would for him to complete ROTJ 2.0.

I've got Harmys withdrawal now since I let a friend borrow these.

On the other hand he just texted me saying he was blown away After watching SW and ESB.
Well we just need to get him his own now don't we. :1-1:
Hmm harmy seems to be taking a long time on ROTJ 2.0, especially since he said that one would be the easiest to despecialize.
No. Jedi willl be the easiest cause he is working directly from an original scan (in proces) and not removing as much as he had to with SW and ESB. Each scene has to be scanned and checked before being used for the final cut.
The delay has to do mostly with the scan process as well as having a real life full of stuff to fit in lol.

How does Harmy know 100% how the movie looked in 1977, is it just from memory or are all the changes documented somewhere by George Lucas..?

Because I read somewhere Harmy did not see Star Wars at the theater in 1977 so how do we know every single change that has taken place over the years..?

Most of them are blaringly obvious.

Some are comparisons to original releases.

Some are from people that did see it.

There are many ways.

All I know is i DID see it in 1977 and this is how I want to remember it always.

Since Disney bought Lucasfilm has there been any new news on releasing the unaltered trilogy on blu ray supervised by Harmy?

You would think they would push that with all the upcoming Star Wars films.

Back