Harmy's Star Wars Despecialized Edition Remastered MKV2.5 Now Available

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anyone is capable and willing to make some custom SW blu-ray cases like those posted earlier in the thread please shoot me an IM. I'll pay you for your trouble.

If anyone is capable and willing to make some custom SW blu-ray cases like those posted earlier in the thread please shoot me an IM. I'll pay you for your trouble.

This is actually proving to be a bit difficult. I even messaged a couple people on the originaltrilogy forums and the replies are actually kinda rude:dunno

This is actually proving to be a bit difficult. I even messaged a couple people on the originaltrilogy forums and the replies are actually kinda rude:dunno

Yeah, same here! I'm looking for these, but the blu Ray cover versions. Can't get a response from anyone after posting in the thread and pming too.
image.jpg

it took me days of digging through that thread to find cover art I liked. A lot of those posts are quite old. You might be able to find a set of images and then just trim them to blu-Ray dimensions. Good luck.

I'd be willing to buy a set of those covers that hobbitjedi posted if anyone offers them for sale.

Did you buy them like that with the cases, cover art en discs? If yes, where did you buy them! I want these bad or should I wait for the new Jedi version?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys, been following the despecialization process for some years now, and the history behind the releases of the original trilogy...

I have a simple question that I hope some of you more clued-up fans could answer. So...

What's the deal with the original film prints, from 77, 80 and 83 respectively - do they exist, in some vault somewhere, locked away? Or has all the old film stock deteriorated?

Theoretically, could Disney get hold of the original unaltered as-they-were-when-they-came-out prints, clean they up and release them?

I understand Team Negative have got hold of a 35mm print of SW - I mean, where from and how??

Many thanks. I just ask because, like you, I feel it's a disgrace these classic films have been denied their rightful home media release, and it's shameful that people like Harmy have to go to the lengths to do what Lucasfilm never would.

I'm not sure about Empire or Jedi but I know for a fact the Special Edition changes were made directly onto the ANH film negative. So the original source for that movie has been altered pretty well permanently. Lucas refused to give original versions of both ANH and Empire to the National Film Registry.

There are a few 35mm prints here and there around the world in private collections of the original OT films but they're privately owned, and the odd Technicolor print.

I haven't kept up to date with Team Negative's work. Maybe I should check that out.

I'm not sure about Empire or Jedi but I know for a fact the Special Edition changes were made directly onto the ANH film negative. So the original source for that movie has been altered pretty well permanently. Lucas refused to give original versions of both ANH and Empire to the National Film Registry.

There are a few 35mm prints here and there around the world in private collections of the original OT films but they're privately owned, and the odd Technicolor print.

I haven't kept up to date with Team Negative's work. Maybe I should check that out.

Their version is very nice. Very nostalgic. For sure it has a full on film like quality to the image. Almost drafthouse like. It's not going to be that pristine digitized version. It is a gorgeous scan though.

Their version is very nice. Very nostalgic. For sure it has a full on film like quality to the image. Almost drafthouse like. It's not going to be that pristine digitized version. It is a gorgeous scan though.

You see, even releasing something like that would still be better than nothing. There's a big movement in retro kitsch and old media - some bands still release on cassette, and heck, even Mondo release VHS tapes to this day. Vinyl's made a comeback, I think cult cinema has too...

You see, even releasing something like that would still be better than nothing. There's a big movement in retro kitsch and old media - some bands still release on cassette, and heck, even Mondo release VHS tapes to this day. Vinyl's made a comeback, I think cult cinema has too...

Well I have this available as well for any one interested.

Back