Harmy's Star Wars Despecialized Edition Remastered MKV2.5 Now Available

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Harmy's Star Wars Despecialized Edition Remastered- List in First Post!!!

Is it too late to be added to the Blu-ray list?

Is it too late to be added to the Blu-ray list?

Nope, I added you in. These aren't even done yet and so far we've only got a couple of people with Blu burners that will be helping with burning these for everyone.

Could I please get added to the list for Blurays? Watching the original versions via the DVDs from a few years back (the "bonus discs") and while they are great I really would love to get cleaned up animorphic versions. Funny how I find myself grinning watching the original versions with none of the tweeks that drive me crazy. I can actually enjoy watching Star Wars again! Thank you in advance.

Can someone tell me how this was put together? It's the 1977 theatrical version? The quality of all the material is Bluray quality?
How much is it?

Sean

Could I please get added to the list for Blurays? Watching the original versions via the DVDs from a few years back (the "bonus discs") and while they are great I really would love to get cleaned up animorphic versions. Funny how I find myself grinning watching the original versions with none of the tweeks that drive me crazy. I can actually enjoy watching Star Wars again! Thank you in advance.

Added you to the list.

Can someone tell me how this was put together? It's the 1977 theatrical version? The quality of all the material is Bluray quality?
How much is it?

Sean

It's a bit lengthy as to how it was put together. The short version is, Harmy had access to a 1977 film print and based most of the color correction off of that. He also used custom mattes, the laserdisc and 2004 DVD as resources.

For the upcoming Blu, he is further refining some colors and using the current Blu for a reference where he can.

For ESB and ROTJ, he has used mainly the laserdisc and 2004 DVDs. He plans to further refine these once he releases SW on Blu (which is being referred to as version 2.5)

I'm sure I missed a few bits, but that's mainly it.

I'd definitely be interested in Ep. V and VI once they're completed. :yess:

Added you to the list.

It's a bit lengthy as to how it was put together. The short version is, Harmy had access to a 1977 film print and based most of the color correction off of that. He also used custom mattes, the laserdisc and 2004 DVD as resources.

For the upcoming Blu, he is further refining some colors and using the current Blu for a reference where he can.

For ESB and ROTJ, he has used mainly the laserdisc and 2004 DVDs. He plans to further refine these once he releases SW on Blu (which is being referred to as version 2.5)

I'm sure I missed a few bits, but that's mainly it.

Thanks for the info!!! :)
And again these are just purely reconstructions of the original theatrical release, right? No deleted scenes, etc.

And anyone know what the price is or how to order?

Sean

Thanks for the info!!! :)
And again these are just purely reconstructions of the original theatrical release, right? No deleted scenes, etc.

And anyone know what the price is or how to order?

Sean

They are meant to be true to the original 77, 80 & 83 versions of Star Wars - the Original Trilogy.

There is no price to own these. They are/will be available via download, however, one should at least own the trilogy in some way.

They are meant to be true to the original 77, 80 & 83 versions of Star Wars - the Original Trilogy.

There is no price to own these. They are/will be available via download, however, one should at least own the trilogy in some way.

I would like to be added to this list as well if possible. Thanx!

I would like to be added to this list as well if possible. Thanx!

I have added you to the list.

On another note - putting out the call again for people with Blu-Ray burners who would be willing to help. The want list continues to grow and we only have a few people who can help burn the discs. If you want to help, either PM me or just say so in the thread and I will add you in to the proper spot. Thanks.

I would like to be added to the list for the blu- rays. These classic movies deserve to be preserved for the rich history that they are. Growing up with these movies I have so many happy memories.

Does anyone not??? :panic:

I do own the blu ray release that Lucas Put out a couple of years ago but really prefer the original versions. I have the Dvd release including the "bonus discs" of the original trilogy but want them in a higher quality format to watch in high definition.

As long as you own the OT in some shape these are available to you.

Please add me too, thanks.

Sean

I would like to be added to the list for the blu- rays. These classic movies deserve to be preserved for the rich history that they are. Growing up with these movies I have so many happy memories.

You two have been added.

Same. Some good childhood memories.

Looks like the blu-ray (BR) is rendered. Oh boy... :panic:

Sounds like a menu-less 2.5 mkv could be first out of the gate (similar to the existing ANH), followed by the BR with menus/extras later.

And just for the record, hopefully people realize the existing Harmy ANH v2.1 is in glorious 720p HD (as are ESB v1.0 and ROTJ v1.0). In essence, it is a BR, only that it's smaller in size which allows it to be burned to a 8.5gb DVD, that can then be played on most blu-ray players. The only thing missing from a technical/non-film perspective is HD/Lossless audio and the menu system. :)

So, waiting for ANH v2.5 ("blu-ray") buys you 720p video(higher bitrate but not 1080p), High Definition/Lossless audio, menus and special features.

Hopefully that helps for people that do not own any form of Harmy's SW films.

Last edited:

Yeah.. the 720p versions really do look great on my 52".

Looks like the blu-ray (BR) is rendered. Oh boy... :panic:

Sounds like a menu-less 2.5 mkv could be first out of the gate (similar to the existing ANH), followed by the BR with menus/extras later.

And just for the record, hopefully people realize the existing Harmy ANH v2.1 is in glorious 720p HD (as are ESB v1.0 and ROTJ v1.0). In essence, it is a BR, only that it's smaller in size which allows it to be burned to a 8.5gb DVD, that can then be played on most blu-ray players. The only thing missing from a technical/non-film perspective is HD/Lossless audio and the menu system. :)

So, waiting for ANH v2.5 ("blu-ray") buys you 720p video(higher bitrate but not 1080p), High Definition/Lossless audio, menus and special features.

Hopefully that helps for people that do not own any form of Harmy's SW films.

Yeah.. the 720p versions really do look great on my 52".

This is the only version of SW I watch - there are none better!!

Back