Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn't look too good, but it certainly looks like a fun watch with over the top action, some cool witch/creature effects, a medievalesque atmosphere and not the worst actors around... Yeah, I'll probably go see it!

Looks pretty horrible. That chick was awful in the Clash of the Titans.

And yeah, I'm sure Renner's interest goes about as far as his interest in the Avengers: $

People just don't know how to have fun at the movies anymore. I'm glad I'm not like that. I don't over think things and enjoy things for what they are.

I've always enjoyed these types of movies. Not serious, just fun and action. That's why I like Van Helsing so much. Reminded me of the Saturday afternoon sci-fi, creature feature movies when I was a kid. Cheezy, sure, but lots of fun.

Your idea of fun at the movies is obviously different to mine.

I'm tired of films set in a specific era that decide to entirely ignore the available technology of the time to favor forced scenes of explosions and gatling-related guns.

Wild Wild West
Van Helsing
League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
Hansel & Gretel

See the pattern?

I'm tired of films set in a specific era that decide to entirely ignore the available technology of the time to favor forced scenes of explosions and gatling-related guns.

Wild Wild West
Van Helsing
League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
Hansel & Gretel

See the pattern?

:goodpost::exactly:

This sounds like a GREAT concept, with GOOD actors, and a LOUSY execution. And don't think I don't like cheesy stuff. The Mummy, Pirates 1, National Treasure, The Sorcerer's Apprentice are all great and I clump them in the same genre as Van Helsing (which I hated). Sam Raimi is also responsible for some awesome stuff like Army of Darkness, Darkman, Spider-Man, and XENA WARRIOR PRINCESS!!! I clicked the video with high expectations despite the negativity here and am not feeling it. I'll rent it when it comes out and maybe I'll be proven wrong.

I want this to be good because cheese has to come back. Has to. Period.

Sick of all these super serious humorless movies.

Expendables 2 embraced this well.

Cheese and super serious humorless movies are two different things...Hansel & Gretel is neither.

Army of Darkness is a perfect example of how to do "cheese" correctly.

The writers/actors/director all have to be on the same page to make it work, it really is 'lightning in a bottle', so to speak.

Your idea of fun at the movies is obviously different to mine.

I think she's right. There seems to be a lot of snobbery in the film world as a whole. I appreciate the Oscar bait as much as the next guy, but if we lived in a world where every film was something directed by, say, Paul Thomas Anderson, I'd not like movies as much as I do; the same goes for Paul WS Anderson. :lol My point is this: there are films which you deeply reflect on, and there are films like Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters. You have to be objective about these things, Teddy. :peace

I see a pattern all right, and the inappropriate use of technology is the least of the problems that these movies have in common :D

Yeah, when LOEG is the movie that ends the career of a guy that dressed like this, then you know it's a stinker all around!

zardoz05.jpg

League was actually a damn good comic. Not sure why studios think they can capitalize on Alan Moore's broad ideas without employing his stories and execution.

And you're just jealous that you don't have this. Admit it:

gWMTF.jpg

I want this to be good because cheese has to come back. Has to. Period.

Sick of all these super serious humorless movies.

Expendables 2 embraced this well.

Nothing wrong with fun movies. (Michael Bay) :D

You can tell the difference between people who see a movie almost once week (like us) and those who don't. The only movies I'm able to judge whether I'll watch it or not by ONE two minute trailer is a high drama. I can't remember the last time I saw one at the theater.

Something else you'll love Celtic.........it's rated R. ;)

Last edited:
League was actually a damn good comic. Not sure why studios think they can capitalize on Alan Moore's broad ideas without employing his stories and execution.

And you're just jealous that you don't have this. Admit it:

gWMTF.jpg

Looks like Burt Reynolds! :lol

Back