Han Solo Sandstorm Help Needed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ALongTimeAgo

Freakalicious
Reaction score
My boot problem has been solved :)

Now I need help weathering my Sandstorm Han to make him look like he has been spending too much time on dusty-old Tatooine.

Can anyone help me out with this? Thanks!

Last edited:
Re: Han Solo Boot Help!

Hey Everyone, I am making a custom Skiff prisoner Han Solo using SS clothing/boots and a TT narrow shouldered body but I cannot get the boots over the feet! I have tried using a hairdryer to soften them up, but that isnt working.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how I can get the boots on?

Thanks!

I've personally gone through this process recently putting together a ANH Han Solo on a Hot Toys Truetype. Try putting the boots in some hot water, just short of boiling, for a couple minutes then slipping the Truetype feet into the boots. If that proves too difficult, you may need to put the feet in separate from the legs then reattaching the ankle joints once the feet are placed into the boots. It will be a snug fit, but they should fit.

Last edited:

I would personally just get some leather or soft plastic boots and do away with the bad SS boots.

Boil the kettle and pop the boots in for 15 seconds or so, drag em out with a spoon and pop the feet in (without pegs) using the back end of the spoon to push them down. Keep an eye on the toes i tend to point them upward when i put feet in. If they get stuck or wont go repeat the whole thing again :)

heat/steam and brute force works every time.

I have used ,in the past, a little vaseline on the feet to help ease them in, but this all depends on if you're usin the sideshow pants that have the socks attached, though it might still work.

You guys are fantastic! I finally got the feet in the boots. Thanks for the advice!

Now, I just need one more piece of advice. I need to weather my Sandstorm Han Solo so that he looks like he has, well...been in a sandstorm. Does anyone have any recommendations for how I should do this?

Thanks!

I have used ,in the past, a little vaseline on the feet to help ease them in, but this all depends on if you're usin the sideshow pants that have the socks attached, though it might still work.

Soap works just as well.

Back