Halimaw! 1/4 scale Green Lantern, Robin & Darkseid mixed media statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Green Lantern, Robin & Darkseid mixed media statues at Philippine ToyCon

They are similar from afar, but up close you can tell the difference. Found this pic online.

10011496_10203713646068050_4299017649950368713_n.jpg

Great find.
They actually do look pretty nice together. It might be my imagination but I think Robin looks a little Asian.
They are definitely not 1/6. My guess would be a small 1/4 as opposed to the Batman PF being a large 1/4.
It works for Robin being small but I'm afraid Hal would also be small next to the Batman PF.

I have seen Darkseid and Hulk vs Juggy at a trade show and they do look more impressive in person

Be Cool
Al

Last edited:
Re: Green Lantern, Robin & Darkseid mixed media statues at Philippine ToyCon

They are similar from afar, but up close you can tell the difference. Found this pic online.

10011496_10203713646068050_4299017649950368713_n.jpg

You know what I could have sworn that Robin was a custom designed to compliment the Batman PF right down to the base. I know I have seen it and the Hulk and Juggs pics awhile back. Either Halimawi is in the custom business or they got the designs from elsewhere.

The Robin concept is great just not too crazy about the head sculpt. Would also like to see more pouches. I like the color scheme but agree the Drake look might be better. I would love to see Sideshow offer Damian Wayne Robin (10 yrs old or so), Tim Drake Robin (15-16 yrs old), **** Grayson Nightwing (18-19 yrs old). I do like that Sinestro head sculpt.

I think Hal Jordan is their best work to date. IMO their previous sculpts need a lot of refinement and their paint apps tend to appear too airbrushy for my tastes. I don't like the way they highlight the muscle cuts with a darker tint.

BTW, "Halimaw" literally means "monster" in our vernacular :)

I like the Hal Jordan as well but don't have that kind of funds right now.
I am still hoping that Sideshow does another Hal soon that displays better with batman and Superman than their previous one :pray:

Back