Half Scale R2D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everything is pre-painted. Repainting and/or weathering is totally at the discretion of the builder.

All told, in Canadian dollars, Artoo will run me about $2,250, factoring exchange and shipping.
I got in on the subscription when DeAgostini ran a $1 shipping sale and the end price doesn't feel that bad when you're spreading it out at $65 US/month over two years.

All told, in Canadian dollars, Artoo will run me about $2,250, factoring exchange and shipping.
I got in on the subscription when DeAgostini ran a $1 shipping sale and the end price doesn't feel that bad when you're spreading it out at $65 US/month over two years.

So all of these are essentially considered to be licenced? model kits etc?

Yes, they are completely licensed. They are considered model kits and come with a few parts each month to put together in a subscription format. And space shouldn't be an issue for anyone, since R2 is pretty small at this scale.

Thanks!
Very expensive project, i think. Good luck and i hope we will see some pictures when u have him completly build and painted it

These partworks are so much fun. I like how the payments are spread out and you get a little excited every month when your package arrives.
Plus theres that feeling of accomplishment when you finish it.
I only do movie partworks and they are all fully licenced.

I've completed the Black Pearl from Pirates, and the Millennium Falcon (same size as MR version).
I'm currently building R2 half scale, and the Delorean 1/8.
Future projects will be X-Wing (look that up its looks awesome about 1 meter in size) they have also teased us with a 1/8 Ecto, 1/8 Batmobile, half scale terminator for the future as well.
If anyone is interested, just contact your local Newsagent.

It does look nice, my problems with this is that Deag can be really hard to deal with and for that amount of money you can easily buy parts to build a 1:1 droid.

I'm waiting on the x-wing, because I'd like to get it all in one go. It's only 20 inches long, I think the same size as the eFx one. But this one is motorized, etc.

I've been watching the X-wing test runs and there have been some legitimate problems. Pretty much every builder doing it has stated don't expect the detail and quality of the Falcon, I will most likely pass on it.

I was just quoting from their webpage: Length: 20 inches; Wingspan: 25.6 inches.

I haven't heard much about this one. Anyone here subscribing care to weigh in?

It's a misprint on their webpage and an X-wing's body is longer than the wings are wide.
On DeAg's UK forum, the length is listed at 74.4 cm which converts to 29.3".

I'm pretty sure it's still just a test run.

Go to the builders page on Facebook, not much to see.

Back