H.E.L.P.Mark IV chest battery cover will not come off!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Starknaked

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
I hope someone can help me with this. I have a lovely mark IV with perfect:slap paint...well until I tried to take chest battery cover off. It just will not come off. I have already damaged the paint trying to pry it out but it wont budge. Can anyone help?

Chest battery cover? This is the MMS MkIV you're talking about? There is no battery cover in the chest.

The battery compartments are located in the neck, arms and back.

Instead of making fun of him how about helping him ?

I'm assuming you mean the cover for the chest light battery compartment . I had the same issue and used a tiny flat head screw driver to pop it out. Just look for the screw hole and position the flat head under the hole and simply pop it out. It's really common with iron man figures

honestly.i never tried to open that thing:slap dont you have the instructions to help you? i would try some plastic pliers or a very small screwdriver

I don't have the figure, but maybe try one of the plastic tools that come with a lot of figures? The 2 inch clear plastic thing with a flathead screwdriver on one end of it. That could help pry it open without damaging the paint...

Thank Guys. Just to clarify, the cover for the chest batteries is on the back :) The instructions tell you what to do but as the original owner of the figure left them in I think the paint has kind of bonded together.
Thanks bonestockbrz for your help, I shall try this.

the mk 43 actually comes with a tiny screw driver

boy do I with they did that a long time ago because I've stripped several screws replacing batteries cause even the screw driver in a eyeglass repair kit doesn't work very well, it's too small

Havn't grown the balls to try it yet :) There just doesn't seem to be a gap to put the screwdriver in with taking some paint off?

i once used a tiny safety pin, bent the sharp tip a little and insert the modified pin head into the slot of the battery cover, turn 90 degree to hook it up. this trick has served me well since, for all the chest battery cover (which of course, is at the back of the iron man suit)

I have the exact same problem with the uncased boots that come with the MK II Armor Unleashed figure.

Hot-Toys-Iron-Man-Mark-II-Armor-Unleashed-p-2.jpg

I can get the screws out no problem, but the battery doors absolutely will not come off. I've tried everything from the plastic pry that came with my Mk 42 to using Blu-Tac to try and yank them free, but nothing's worked. I really don't want to damage the battery covers/boots, but I don't really see many other options at this point.

Also, a hair dryer to heat it may allow you to get it out. Just don't go to warm.

Hey guys, any suggestion on how to remove the screw covers on the Mark 1 iron man 2 war machine. I fried the chest light and want to replace it but for the life of me I cannot get the screw covers out. Any suggestion would be great.

I can't disassemble him without removing the screws, and I can't remove the screws without taking out the screw caps and they are wedged in there solid

Back