Guess where I'll be this Saturday...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope the LOTR one comes to the SF Bay Area too... Love to see both.

FOTR is the show playing in NYC this weekend. But, yeah, the goal is to eventually see all three films performed lived. And I might have to add Star Wars to the must-see list as well. ;)

Small world! I saw LotR concert in 2006 and will see the Star Wars concert this Sunday.

When I saw LotR in 2006, they did not play any music that had not been released on CD yet. At that point, only the Complete version of Fellowship was out, so the concert was heavily Fellowship (which was fine by me!) I'm curious if the mix will be different now.

I thought the The Return of the King part was a little heavy on 'Siege of Gondor' battle music, which I tend to find exhausting without the rest to balance it out.

Enjoy!

i am prob. going to swing by radio city on my way home from work and check out a few minutes of the FoTR. the show pretty much sold out

The wife and I watched the "Live to Film" performance of Fellowship of the Ring last night at Radio City Music Hall in NYC. Howard Shore himself was in attendance and was taking questions from the audience before the program kicked off. Apparently he took the stage at around 7:00, but was already off by the time we were seated, so we missed out on that piece. However, he did come back out on stage at the end of the performance, but only to congratulate the conductor and praise the overall performance. More than just experiencing the film with a live symphony orchestra performing the score, it was great to be around so many fellow LOTR fans. A couple photos I took at the event. I refrained from snapping images during the live performance, and sadly, had already put the camera away when Howard Shore walked out on stage. :(

mg7546edit.jpg

This got a huge response from the audience when this popped up on screen at the end of the performance. I guess I know where I'll be next year. :)

mg7556edit.jpg

The wife and I watched the "Live to Film" performance of Fellowship of the Ring last night at Radio City Music Hall in NYC. Howard Shore himself was in attendance and was taking questions from the audience before the program kicked off. Apparently he took the stage at around 7:00, but was already off by the time we were seated, so we missed out on that piece. However, he did come back out on stage at the end of the performance, but only to congratulate the conductor and praise the overall performance. More than just experiencing the film with a live symphony orchestra performing the score, it was great to be around so many fellow LOTR fans. A couple photos I took at the event. I refrained from snapping images during the live performance, and sadly, had already put the camera away when Howard Shore walked out on stage. :(

mg7546edit.jpg

This got a huge response from the audience when this popped up on screen at the end of the performance. I guess I know where I'll be next year. :)

mg7556edit.jpg

Sounds like it was a fantastic night BF. I am very envious, I would have loved to have been there.

You know, they did FOTR last year the same way down at Wolf Trap in VA (I like near DC too). I caught TT down there about a month ago. It was a lot of fun, and you're outdoors under a roof...hearing crickets chirping and a cool breeze really makes you feel one with nature and is perfect for these movies...and it's only an hour away!

You know, they did FOTR last year the same way down at Wolf Trap in VA (I like near DC too). I caught TT down there about a month ago. It was a lot of fun, and you're outdoors under a roof...hearing crickets chirping and a cool breeze really makes you feel one with nature and is perfect for these movies...and it's only an hour away!

When is the next show?

Back