Guardians of the Galaxy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seriously! In fact IM came out when Dark Knight mania was at it's highest and Marvel movies were on the way down (Spidey 3 and X-Men: The Last Stand.)

Yup. IM re-established the precedence in showing fans you can have a great movie AND be faithful to the source material. Avengers proved it works with the masses. It's funny how people have fanboygasms all over the wrist-slitting dreariness of WB's offerings yet lambast most everything Marvel Studios is doing, when they're the more faithful movies ATM. :lol

On the fence so far with this.
The casting makes me nervous for the humanoid roles.
CGI looks top notch so far and it better be if you're going to put a talking gun totting raccoon and his walking tree pal up front and center.
Why drop the cockney accent for Rocket?
I'm sure Cooper could've pulled that off.
Don't think it'll be Avengers big but glad that Marvel is pushing the envelope.

If Nolan directed Guardians there'd be no aliens because that wouldn't be realistic.

Groot would be a tree surgeon named Gary Root and Rocket would be a guy named Rocky who always wears a Davy Crockett hat.

And everything would be dark, it's always dark in his movies, so much so that I don't know why he doesn't release a 2 hour movie of a plain black screen and throw in razor blades and a noose with every ticket.

So folks can't like Nolans Batman and Marvel movies?
They're going to reboot this stuff so many times in our life everyone will get a version they like eventually.

65354554654368_zps15f85dec.jpg

If Nolan directed Guardians...

They're going to reboot this stuff so many times in our life everyone will get a version they like eventually.

My understanding is that Marvel is creating an ever expanding cinematic universe that will NOT be rebooted. Kind of like how James Bond went for decades prior to Craig's reboot. So basically in 30 years we'll have Captain America 22 which will still reference his origin presented in TFA, even if by then its the fourth actor to play him as an ever young character. Since all the films intertwine you can't reboot one without doing all of them. And I just don't see them doing that.

My understanding is that Marvel is creating an ever expanding cinematic universe that will NOT be rebooted. Kind of like how James Bond went for decades prior to Craig's reboot. So basically in 30 years we'll have Captain America 22 which will still reference his origin presented in TFA, even if by then its the fourth actor to play him as an ever young character. Since all the films intertwine you can't reboot one without doing all of them. And I just don't see them doing that.
That may be the plan, but my guess is they'll keep going until they get stale and lose touch, and the audience turns to something else. Then, they'll revisit these characters/franchises in a new way later. It's what Batman, Spider-Man, and Superman did after all. "Nothing gold can stay." But who knows? Maybe they'll be the exception to the rule.

Basically what they've done with the comic books for the last 70+ years :lol

I'm mostly thinking of the DC universe.
How many iterations have they gone through already of Superman and Batman since the 70's?
Plenty of room for the Nolanverse.
Marvels approach might be slightly different but you're still getting the effects of a reboot per se.
New actors, new costumes, stylistic changes etc but all with out the negative connotations of said "rebooting".
Smart of Marvel.

There are ways that can be done that are also consistent with the comics, like having Rhody in the IM suit, Bucky playing Cap, etc. So it don't always have to be a recasting of the character roles.

Back