Guardian Predator Sign in

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I missed the order, know better than get my hopes up on the waitlist so I'll just accept the $300+ price I'll have to pay should I decide I need this guy for the shelf. If this guy goes over $500 before the end of the year...no thanks.

Mine Got through!

But! My wife was ordering one for her brother for a gift and got rejected by sideshow for having the same address as mine. It stated in the order 1 Per Customer NOT one PER House hold.

From the Non-attendee FAQ: (https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=14551)
"Can I order multiples of the exclusives?
You will only be allowed to purchase one (1) of each exclusive item. (1 per customer, household, credit card, user account and/or billing/shipping address. Choose either Attendee or Non-Attendee, not both.) All phone orders and online orders will be compared, and multiple orders for the same items will be automatically canceled without further notification. Any customers placing orders through multiple accounts will have excess orders canceled at the time of processing without notification."

It has always been this way. But if you are new to PPO, then you might didn't know about this. It was also stated in the info mail regarding the upcoming Predator Priority Pre Order. The mail also informed people that the site would not be streamlined for this Predator Priority Pre Order. Apparently SSC decided to change that for the non-attendee Priority Pre Order, and so that was a surprise to everyone that had planned to try for one of those preds.

Usually, Priority Pre Ordering is explained in every mail alert regarding an upcoming PPO. Since the Guardian Predator PPO was not planned as a streamlned PPO, there was no PPO guide in that mail.

I am absolutely curious now, the Alien I just ordered says "Processing" but the Guardian still says "New."
I inquired about that some days ago, because one of my other SDCC exclusive orders showed as "new", even days after the order was placed. Here's what SSC told me:
"We will begin processing these orders on Tuesday the 6th. If you order still reads as NEW, everything is fine. If for some reason the status changes to CLOSED or CANCELLED before then, please contact us as soon as possible."

More information on the processing times: according to the Non-attendee FAQ: (https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=14551)
"When will my credit card be charged for the item(s)?
Your card will be charged for the item(s) between July 6th and July 16th, 2010. You will be e-mailed an invoice once the order has been processed."

Well, I wouldn't say it's Hot Toys. I'd say it's Sideshow. Not blaming anyone by a long shot (it's not really a "blaming" issue). Just saying, there were 500 planned for SS and from the looks of things, 200 might not have been ready at this time.

Here's hoping Sideshow gets them sometime soon, if that is indeed the case.

You persistently keep repeating that. Where did you get that information?? Where does it say that the SSC allotment is 500?

Here's the thing...I'd guess that 30% of the people that ordered this also come to this site. So even though only 40 people here got their order to go through, the other 260 (or whatever amount) went to people that do not visit here.
That's right. I don't know about your figures, But basically, you're right. It's an common misconception that all SSC orders originate from here! It's more accurate to presume that the people posting here only represent a fraction of the (toy) collecting community. It's also a misconception to think that if someone doesn't post a lot in the Predator threads here, he (or she!) is not a 'real' fan, and it is also wrong to think that a 'real' predator fan is more entitled to buy a limited toy... . That being said, I'm not a supporter of scalping, but I am a supporter of 'freedom of choice'.

That's right. I don't know about your figures, But basically, you're right. It's an common misconception that all SSC orders originate from here! It's more accurate to presume that the people posting here only represent a fraction of the (toy) collecting community. It's also a misconception to think that if someone doesn't post a lot in the Predator threads here, he (or she!) is not a 'real' fan, and it is also wrong to think that a 'real' predator fan is more entitled to buy a limited toy... . That being said, I'm not a supporter of scalping, but I am a supporter of 'freedom of choice'.

:clap:clap:clap

:clap :lecture I am one of these people. I've read a few comments about people not being 'real' fans, because they hardly post in these parts of the forums. It makes me laugh, to be honest. It doesn't surprise me that quite a few Predator fans don't post here, what with all of the _____ing, moaning and whinging.

Anyway, with that said, I will gladly add this piece to my collection.

WL: 17:02:40

Seriously, the whole sold out popup thing cost me over a minute because of the whole reloading thing. :monkey2

Reservation Summary
Date Placed: 2010-07-02 17:02:40

Back