Greetings from Dubai!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Happy

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hello fellow action figure fiends! Happy to be part of a community that shares my passion for well crafted, fully poseable figures.

My name's Mike. I'm a Filipino living in Dubai (grew up here). I work in advertising but also play in a punk band with a humble following.

I've always loved toys, since I got my first GI Joe in '84. I once had enough Joes to clutter up the entire house... when my little brother (who's now also in advertising and playing drums in the band) decided to blow them all up in a fireworks experiment.

That and the fact that they stopped selling cool toys in Dubai made me stop collecting altogether. But recently, thanks to bigbadtoystore and the occasional trip to the US, Philippines and Singapore, I've gotten back on track, but slowly. It's been three years since I started collecting again.

I will post pics of my collection soon. Though I must honestly say it's nothing compared to the well displayed collections I see some members here have.

I'm mostly into Joes and Dark Knight, but I sometimes collect some Marvel and video game figures too.

Thanks to the admins for putting up this forum, and hope I make some cool friends here!

you must be loaded with lamborghini, mansion, and oil :)

let me know if you need a brother to adopt and I'll be your best brother :)

you must be loaded with lamborghini, mansion, and oil :)

let me know if you need a brother to adopt and I'll be your best brother :)

HAha. If only, dude.

But I do live near Diyafah Street, which is where all the rich Arabs spend Thursday night driving around in their Lambos and McLarens.

The most expensive thing I own is a 50th anniversary Fender strat... followed closely by a Hot Toys Tumbler (paid a fortune for shipping). Sorry to disappoint dude, but I might just be the poorest guy in Dubai.

Thanks guys. Would love to see your collections! I'm slowly going through all the pics in the Show Off Your Shelves forum. I'm going to IKEA tonight to get some shelves and maybe do up my collection for some picture taking.

welcome-1.gif

so where are all those collection pictures now buddy? i'm in the same boat as you. i'm based in Dubai as well. and fancy that, we both collect Batman :)

but, GASP, did you say you like... "poseable" figures? :D

Back