Greedo 20-25 days out

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anakin said:
,... but then I wasn't talking about the likeness per si,..sorry if sounded this way,..,, I don't care about greedo's design in the movie,....never did,,,,,,but since you pointed it out the likeness,.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

How can you say you weren't talking about the likeness when you said: "...this one looks bad...". How can that be taken any other way?

Whatever. You are of course entitled to your opinion but I don't see any of the faults that you pointed out above. The only thing that is noticabley different is that in the movie capture, his left ear is turned in. It's understandable why Sideshow did not copy that exactly. Just a mistake during filming that wasn't caught.

Everything looks great to me! Glad I'm in for one! :chew
Woo-hoo!!! My first dancing Chewie!!!

Last edited:
Weasel said:
Whatever. You are of course entitled to your opinion but I don't see any of the faults that you pointed out above. The only thing that is noticabley different is that in the movie capture, his left is turned in. It's understandable why Sideshow did not copy that exactly. Just a mistake during filming that wasn't caught.

,..if u can't see the differences,..then good for u,..no reason to argument over it,... like u said,... opinions r different,...
,....to me it looks off,... even the cloth texture looks different,... :cool:

Anakin said:
,..if u can't see the differences,..then good for u,..no reason to argument over it,... like u said,... opinions r different,...
,....to me it looks off,... even the cloth texture looks different,... :cool:

Since youve mentioned it, I can see them! It doesnt seem as good anymore. Thank god I cant afford it though, or I'd be pissed:lol

Weasel said:
Everything looks great to me! Glad I'm in for one! :chew
Woo-hoo!!! My first dancing Chewie!!!

Yup! Same here. I can't wait to get this one; and, I can't wait to see what the next must have 1:1 bust is. :chew

Greedo in the next 5-7 days!

Looks like SS will be processing orders in the next 72 hours. Too cool with Greedo coming in the next week, and Leia not too far behind! :chew

I can see the differences.

It may not be perfect but I still think it's pretty good. It should look even better when we get some real photos of it.

You know how great Sideshow's are.....

;)

i can see the differences also but i think it's a good representation nonetheless. i can't wait to add it to my collection!

BDboystoys said:
Since youve mentioned it, I can see them! It doesnt seem as good anymore. Thank god I cant afford it though, or I'd be pissed:lol

Gruson said:
I can see the differences.

P1X4R said:
i can see the differences also but i think it's a good representation nonetheless.

,...sorry people ,...but it's pretty obvious, isn't it?,.. but glad i'm not the only one seeing things....:rolleyes:

Neither can I. An absolute must own for any high-end Star Wars collection. Man I hope we get another 1:1 bust announcement at SDCC. :chew

P1X4R said:
i can see the differences also but i think it's a good representation nonetheless. i can't wait to add it to my collection!

P1X4R said:
i can see the differences also but i think it's a good representation nonetheless.

Agreed. The likeness is off from what is seen on-screen, but it is a good approximation.

I really wish Sideshow didn't idealize things so much (Greedo bust, Vader PF). They even mentioned in an article that they tried to idealize Greedo.

I have to disagree el. Other than not using plastic spheres for the eyes I say it is pretty much dead on. I'd like to hear exactly what difference you see since you actually have SS's higher end items in your collection (and from Gru & P1 as well). Of course I'll reserve final judgement until I have the final product sitting on my shelf, but from what I've seen from the pics, it looks spot on. :)

elwood49 said:
Agreed. The likeness is off from what is seen on-screen, but it is a good approximation.

,...sideshow should have used computer scanning on this one,... too bad..,,...a $600 bust should be accurate,..!! :mad: :maul

Computer scanning on a mask? :confused: I take it you're not getting it then Ani? Did you get Maul?

Anakin said:
,...sideshow should have used computer scanning on this one,... too bad..,,...a $600 bust should be accurate,..!! :mad: :maul

If it bothers you, then you should absolutely not spend $600 for it. On the other hand, it isn't intended to be a prop replica.

Scanning likely wouldn't help. The mask has degraded significantly over time, and I certainly don't want a $600 replica of a torn and age-deformed mask, no matter how accurate.

Mini-Rock said:
I have to disagree el. Other than not using plastic spheres for the eyes I say it is pretty much dead on. I'd like to hear exactly what difference you see since you actually have SS's higher end items in your collection (and from Gru & P1 as well). Of course I'll reserve final judgement until I have the final product sitting on my shelf, but from what I've seen from the pics, it looks spot on. :)

Don't get me wrong, I think it looks great, just a bit "different" than the mask. I have the Maul 1:1, and I love it. It's currently not displayed due to lack of space, but it's awesome.

Greedo is one of my favorites, but I'll have to pass due to lack of space to display it properly.

I hear ya el. I'm struggling to find space as well. It doesn't help, though, that Ikea has discontinued the shelving I use. :rolleyes:

elwood49 said:
Don't get me wrong, I think it looks great, just a bit "different" than the mask. I have the Maul 1:1, and I love it. It's currently not displayed due to lack of space, but it's awesome.

Greedo is one of my favorites, but I'll have to pass due to lack of space to display it properly.

I'm actually glad they didn't go with computer scanning. If I wanted that I would stick with GG. Don't get me wrong, they make some great pieces just not for me.

As much as I hate when we get a sculpt that is way off base, I still prefer the pieces to be sculpted and in doing so getting some variances characteristic of the sculptor. Even then though it is still very rare that we get a sculpt that is totally blown and I don't believe this one is it. I know some of you look at those comparision pics and see a lot of differences. Guess my eyes are getting old, but I don't see any big differences that might not be attributed to the lighting differences or angles. As far as any fabric differences, I remember Greg Mowry talking in chat last year that on the PF pieces and I'm sure this goes for 1:1 pieces too in some cases the exact fabric could not be matched.

All in all I figure whenever I'm able to pick this one up down the road, I'll have an outstanding piece of art not just a xerox copy. But to each their own :D

I (finally) just got my FedEx tracking number for this. Should be here Saturday. Between this and all the info coming in from SDCC, I'm just about happy danced out.

Congrats Gosh!! I haven't received mine yet, and I don't expect to anytime soon. That "biller" I pissed off at SS has it in for me I swear!

Back