Gravity

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vivek

Super Freak
Reaction score
Alfonso Cuaron’s GRAVITY Set for Release on October 4, 2013
Gravity is another one of my most anticipated movies of 2013 and it finally got a confirmed release date few months ago, that too it's on my birthday. Hopefully I won't have to wait too long for its release here.

I am now excited to know that Gravity directed by Alfonso Cuaron (Children of Men) will have its trailer released in few days.

There is a teaser of the trailer online, but the trailer releases tomorrow. I will wait until then to watch it.

First Teaser Poster For Cuaron's GRAVITY | Badass Digest
Gravity poster.

gravity_poster.jpg

Should look great in 3D.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufsrgE0BYf0&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

EricVespe: The Gravity footage gave me anxiety. Super intense, one long take that goes from casual conversation to disaster in about 3 minutes.

EricVespe : I'm so crazy excited for Gravity. Goddamn that looked good.

devincf : Holy ****ing ****. Extended GRAVITY sequence is one of the most extraordinary things I've ever seen at #SDCC. Beyond tense and terrifying.

adamchitwood: GRAVITY footage unlike anything I've ever seen. Genuinely feels like you're in space with very long takes. Nearly had a panic attack. #SDCC

At the start I thought it was another coffee ad.
Then bang. Jesus the sound quality was shockingly loud. Thought it was a great promo first time, but I've seen it over and over now in front of every IMAX release. And I do think casting those two as a duo of astronauts is quite funny.

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4pcg7bXgmU]Gravity - "Detached" - YouTube[/ame]
One continuous shot and the movie has such longer shots lasting from 6 to 10 minutes, including a 17 minutes opening shot. Incredible.
BTW the Comic-Con footage started little earlier than this clip before the intense sequence began and had little more build up.

Alfonso Cuaron?s GRAVITY Filled with Long Shots; Unbroken 17-Minute Opening Confirmed | Collider
From last year.

"Gravity only has 156 shots in its two-hour runtime, and many of the shots run “six, eight, 10 minutes long."

"Of course, it’s possible some of these shots don’t involve much camera movement. I would be shocked if every long take required the same amount of insane planning and precision as the climax of Children of Men. There could be a scene like the 16-minute continuous take of the conversation between Michael Fassbender and Liam Cunningham‘s characters in Steve McQueen‘s Hunger. Nevertheless, scenes like those present their own challenges since the cast and crew have to keep the tension, and audiences are accustomed to short takes and dynamic camera angles."

"DeFaria also mentioned that the film’s design and long-takes came from trying to reverse engineer a live-action movie from an animated picture’s freedom of movement:"

“Instead of trying to create real people and what they’re doing, let’s turn it around and create almost an entirely animated film and then backwards engineer the people into that film,” he explained. “As a matter of fact, let’s not even engineer the people into the film, let’s engineer their faces. So you’ve got these little faces inside these little helmets. But there was a big hiccup that we came to I didn’t realize until later, which was that we began building it as an animated film and Alfonso had an idea that he wanted the shots to be incredibly long, and I said, ‘How long?’ And he said he wanted the first shot to be really long. And I said, ‘You mean, 40 seconds?’ ‘No, 17 minutes.’ "

Last edited:
And I do think casting those two as a duo of astronauts is quite funny.

:exactly:
Clooney and bulloc are a bit over the hill.
Suppose bulloc looks a bit like a monkey so thats her role.
Might be worth a watch not expecting a lot tbh.

Back