Governor of the Imperial Outlands

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wax murderer

Super Freak
Reaction score
Yet another WIP that got a jump start in the last couple weeks; I give you the Grand Moff Tarkin...
DSCN4124.jpg

DSCN4123.jpg

Not much really needed to be done, but I did more than one might think(as usual)...
DSCN4119.jpg

To bring him up to correct height(Cushing had a good 3"on Kenneth Colley) I added .100" to his upper torso and calves...
DSCN4120.jpg

This is actually Dr. McCoy, but the principle is the same, if not the location...
DSCN4121.jpg

The uniform needed only 2 mods;inverting and repainting the badge, and fabricating another code cylinder(guess which one is mine)...
DSCN4125.jpg

DSCN4126.jpg

The Prometheus neck required cutting down the sculpted neck and adjusting the connection.I did a squish with Magic-Sculpt to fit the ball, then carefully pushed the edge slightly to create a "lock-in"for the ball.You can just see the edge in the last photo. It works quite well.Now we just have to paint his head,which my wife(who's a much better painter than I)has agreed to do...PS

wowwee !!!! , well nice Tarkin.
Its simple but very effective, is the head from the Hasbro version or something fresh and new.

BTW cant tell which is the fabricated cylinder, is it the second in on his left shoulder ?

Did you pin the chest and upper legs before sculpying them ?
Seems like an effective way to gain some height.

Excellent work

The head sculpt is my own mod of the Hasbro;reduced in size and improved for accuracy.I have a mold,if anyone is interested.
You missed on the cylinder.
No pinning on the "extensions";added sections of styrene sheet with Tenax-7(a very efficient solvent cement for styrene),cleaned the edges and added Magic-Sculpt for strength.
I'm a bit OCD about height relationships,especially where characters with known heights are concerned. Besides, who wants all their figure to be the same height?...PS

Beautiful! :clap Looks like the real thing!

I made my own long ago out of the GG bust and the Imperial Officer outfit by Hasbro, but this one looks worthy of the Sideshow shelf.

Let's see him next to your Vader? Please.

Excellent job!! :clap This is an impressive figure. You might color the top of the code cylinders blue.

Hadn't noticed that detail before(apparently, neither did SST).I shall have to attend to it...PS

The uniform(and body) are the Sideshow Adm. Piet,with some minor mods to make him a little taller.Got your PM...PS

Not yet; haven't really done much with him since I base coated his head, other than hitting the tops of his(and all my other Imperials) code cylinders with a bit of blue tint.When I get more along I'll take some more...PS

Hadn't noticed that detail before(apparently, neither did SST).I shall have to attend to it...PS

Not all the Imperial Code Cylinders were the same. Most of them were real radiation dosimeters and there were some used by Rebels which were made from other things. There are some radiation dosimeters coming with a blue cap and others with a lens to see through. Tarkin had his with blue cap, Chief Bast and General Tagge had ones with lenses

ImperialCodeCylinderTarkinBast.jpg

ImperialCodeCylinderGeneralTagge.jpg

My own 1:1 original radiation dosimeters aka Imperial Code Cylinders

ImperialCodeCylinders01.jpg

Really good, tried something similar myself but couldn't get the head small enough. might be interested in one of those heads, could you pm me with price, I live in the UK for postage.

and here i thought the Imperials simply like to have a lot of pens around.

And now, the finished figure,face-up by Arianne02...
DSCN4151.jpg
DSCN4152.jpg

As usual, my wife has done an outstanding job with the face paint(I need to work on that).
DSCN4153.jpg
DSCN4155.jpg

He really turned out well, and has been received cordially by my other Wars customs, 2 of the more notorious showing up for pix...PS

Back