Got my Boromir!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jlcmsu said:
Yeah, I like it. Just one of those oddball items that looks cool.

This item will be sold through within 24 hours of its offering, a very successful pre-order. Collectors realized it was a very valuable collectible. It may very well turn out to be one of the best 12" figs SSC ever made IMO.

SOLD OUT! I guess it sold fairly fast for NOT being Star Wars.I personally think its' one of the best 12' figures I've ever seen. Can't wait to get all the fellowship. Get all 9 of them standing around like in FOTR when Elrond first called them the Fellowship. NOt totally movie accurate since Aragorn will be dressed a bit differently, but hey... no matter.

Really is apples and oranges with the SW comparisons.

True, the LOTR books have been around forever, but the movies are still very new, not nearly as much time to build the kind of fanbase that SW has.

And as such, there are more SW collectors out there willing to shell out for anything and everything.

So someone like Boromir, I'm actually impressed he sold out this fast. $64.99 plus shipping is nothing to sneeze at, no matter how impressive the figure is.

Yeah but he his part of the Fellowship and has a very detailed costume. I'm not surprised at all by his price tag.

Phew!!!!!!!

I have been away for a long weekend Camping with no internet access!

Cue a distraught panicked phone call to a friend at 9.55 PST yesterday with my access codes and I'm very pleased to say that he was able to make sense of my garbled instructions and order him.

I still haven't seen Boromir yet, I'm about to pop over to have a look but am I glad I got him? Yes, Yes I am!!!!!!

Bring on Gandalf!!!!!!!

Maybe even Saruman....(But I agree that the Fellowship should be done first)

Darth Loki said:
I'm not surprised at all by his price tag.

Nor am I, but I'm just saying that compared to SW fans, I think LOTR collectors would be a bit more willing to have a hole in their collection (even in the Fellowship display) while SW collectors have more of the type that want every single character, no matter how background. :D

Morris Fletcher said:
Nor am I, but I'm just saying that compared to SW fans, I think LOTR collectors would be a bit more willing to have a hole in their collection (even in the Fellowship display) while SW collectors have more of the type that want every single character, no matter how background. :D

WHAT???????????????? LOTR collectors are more willing to have a hole in their collection???? I have to say I disagree with that! :lol

Easy order! :bow And less than 24 hours to sell an exclusive is very good. I'm sure Sideshow is quite pleased.

And I agree with Viking28 in his disagreement regarding holes in LotR collectors collections. :D

Fritz said:
Easy order! :bow And less than 24 hours to sell an exclusive is very good. I'm sure Sideshow is quite pleased.

And I agree with Viking28 in his disagreement regarding holes in LotR collectors collections. :D

Most SW POP's are gone in less than an hour, some in less than a half hour. I'd say it's a world of difference.

Darth Loki said:
Most SW POP's are gone in less than an hour, some in less than a half hour. I'd say it's a world of difference.

That just means there are more fans not that they are any more completest or fanatical than LotR fans. :wacky :D Although I find LotR collectors more snobbish in that they prefer the higher end collectibles. :p ;)

SW fans are crazy in how they spend their money and I do mean that. Look at the stuff Steve Sansweet has at Rancho Obi-Wan. They also must have it right now and order it right now. LOTR fans I think are a bit more selective and laid back in ordering.

I can't wait to get Boromir in my grubby mitts personally! I think some of the difference lies in that the LOTR license is fairly new to the action figure market, while Star Wars is a well established toy property that carries a lot of weight, and I think nostalgia factors in a lot for SW fans. I think LOTR fans are lucky to get top of the line merch right away! SW fans had to wait thirty years to get stuff this good!

SolidLiquidFox said:
... I think the elven cloak is a crucial item to have on these figures. It brings all fellowship members together as you display them.
Hmmm, after Legolas' exclusive version, Boromir is only the second Fellowship member to have the Lothlorien cloak with elven broach. Aragorn doesn't have it. The exclusive version of him came with the hooded ranger cloak. Which is not surprizing, since "Aragorn as" Strider the Ranger was Strider long before he became a member of the fellowship.
If you really like an Lothlorien cloak for Aragorn, you can only hope that SSC will release a Fellowship version of Aragorn (which is unlikely), or buy any other LotR 12" that comes with the Elven cloak, twice.

Here is an other thing to keep in mind: the Fellowship was appointed even before they came to Lothlorien and received the cloaks by Galadriel.

Seaward said:
I can't wait to get Boromir in my grubby mitts personally! I think some of the difference lies in that the LOTR license is fairly new to the action figure market, while Star Wars is a well established toy property that carries a lot of weight, and I think nostalgia factors in a lot for SW fans. I think LOTR fans are lucky to get top of the line merch right away! SW fans had to wait thirty years to get stuff this good!

30 years?! D@mn!!! I should feel lucky then. Yea, LOTR only...

Anyways, I cant wait till I get MY grubby mitts on the first LOTR figure alone!!! It'll be my first 12' figure too so imagen:D

tremulant, boy are you in for a treat! SW toys were often plentiful, but if you look at some comparisons to what has been widely available, a new high watermark has been set. These LOTR figures have me so geeked out, packed with all of the quality and detail of a statue (sometimes better, sorry but 12 inch SS Aragorn portrait is better than SSW statue Aragorn) with all of the cool features of an insanely posable and interchangable toy! This Fall can't come soon enough!

Seaward said:
tremulant, boy are you in for a treat! SW toys were often plentiful, but if you look at some comparisons to what has been widely available, a new high watermark has been set. These LOTR figures have me so geeked out, packed with all of the quality and detail of a statue (sometimes better, sorry but 12 inch SS Aragorn portrait is better than SSW statue Aragorn) with all of the cool features of an insanely posable and interchangable toy! This Fall can't come soon enough!

Geek?!!!... Ok, I admit it... me too. I just dont know what to expect when
I'll receive my first one. Thanx for the expectation. making me feel "hyphy" already:lol

I am really excited about getting my LOTR pieces as well. I am definetely going to display all of them. As for SW figures, I am still having second thoughts about my pre-orders and I am thinking about just sticking with SW PF.

Back