Got a problem with size, do ya?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Scale

Agree 100 % HoS. I asked the question in chat and got that answer. I didn't buy it then and I'm not now.

A huge problem with this line over the years has been the months of few products and then all of a sudden everything at once. To say they did it for our cash benefit is a stretch.

I'd say its more likely they felt it would be more profitable for them to make it a mini and charge $175.

I'm getting the mini troll because that what they have but the same sculpture in same scale as CT would have been awesome (and expected to pay accordingly $500?).

I have pretty much everything but Balrog and S Trolls and the first thing anyone who sees my room comments on is the CT. Hell I've got the fell beast boxed up because everytime I looked at I got po'd.

I know some prefer the mini due to display issues but to me give me what I felt in the movie. When I saw the BT crash thru MT gate my first thought was look at huge that thing is. Imagine the terror for gondorian soldiers.

For Mumakil the reason many have a problem with it is that by the time the Mumaks were dying the wow factor was over. The pose reminds you that they actually died pretty easily. Its doesn't remind you of the fear you saw in Theoden's eyes b4 you even saw the Mumakils. Its just a quick moment but you're like what's next they were handling the orcs pretty well why are they stopping. And then you see why and its another holy #$@# moment.

Hmmm....I guess the only reason I'm not biased on big statues, is because I dont own any yet. All the creatures I own are small, all the environments I have are small and the rest of it I own isnt big either. I do have a Morgul Lord but its boxed up and I gotta say that I seem the only one who is not exactly awed by it. And as I stated earlier, I've seen the daddy rog and I wasnt impressed with that either. Somehow to me, I guess that big statues are just things that take up too much space.

Now this may be taken as a smart ass comment but it is serious-

I could give a @#%$ less about size really. If its big great if not great! I care about how detailed the piece looks and how cool the piece looks. I know others are different but thats just me.
Wouldn't a large Fell Beast, or a large Battle Troll 'capture the essence' of the creatures better?
When I look at my Baby Balrog, whilst I really like it, it doesnt really remind me of the large looming darkness of the Balrog. Don't you agree, Josh?

Wouldn't a large Fell Beast, or a large Battle Troll 'capture the essence' of the creatures better?
When I look at my Baby Balrog, whilst I really like it, it doesnt really remind me of the large looming darkness of the Balrog. Don't you agree, Josh?

I'm not Josh, but I do have an answer for it. To speak with the words of Josh:

The mini Balrog actually reminds me of an artprint from John Howe in which the Balrog is looming from behind the cold mountains, ready to attack Fingolfin. It also reminds me of the battle which Gandalf had in the book with a Balrog who was reduced in power at the top of ZirakZigil.

So basically, the mini Balrog reminds me on alot of scenes.

Somehow to me, I guess that big statues are just things that take up too much space.
This may be very much a European thing. :dunno

I don't like small statues only because you can't group them properly to build a scene from the film.
The Fellbeast may look fine with busts (haven't tried that yet), but it would look absolutely stupid next to say Eowyn or even Merry (if we had a Gondorian one).
Compare that scene to the Cave Troll vs. say Gimli. That looks tons better even though they're not in scale to each other.

I'm therefore keeping the beasts separately.

I have pretty much everything but Balrog and S Trolls and the first thing anyone who sees my room comments on is the CT. Hell I've got the fell beast boxed up because everytime I looked at I got po'd.

Truth of the matter is that "size" provides the "AWE" factor, while scale facilites the ability to properly display related pieces in the same place (ie: the Morgul Lord and Eowyn statues).

B.

Size does not matter... it is what you can do with it ;) :p

I really do not care about the size... I look at each different statue as a wonderful piece of art... if I do not like it I do not buy it... small or big.

Back