Got a Great price on Kong vs V Rex

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darth said:
Not to mention, I have no idea where it'd go.
That's my only gripe with this piece! I've been wanting it for a while now, but I seriously have nowhere to put it. I already have all the space I can spare saved up for my upcoming preorders. I know this piece would look great between the two dinosaur busts I have but I'll just have to wait and see.

get one while theyre dirt cheap. Thats half what I paid.
It gets more attention from friends than any other piece I have still.

its an amazing piece. Especially at first sight

how big is this Kong vs V Rex statue...and I've seen the two dinosaurs busts on a few websites marked down as well...how do those look (for the ones that have it)?

Nitro said:
how big is this Kong vs V Rex statue...and I've seen the two dinosaurs busts on a few websites marked down as well...how do those look (for the ones that have it)?

First, the KvR is about the same size as the SSW Sauron - or roughly 2 ft tall. The arm of Kong extends fairly far out though, this one requires some room.

As for the dino busts, I have only seen the V-Rex in person, it was quite nice! :cool:

You think this could be the Statue of the Year in 2006? Somebody take some bloody pics before you make LOTRFan cry. Trust me you don't want him to unleash that precious cry baby pic of his. It will melt your heart.

I already have this one. :D

monkey_crying_b.gif

Yes, pics would be nice!

And as much as I want to get Kong vs V-Rex, I have absolutely no room to display him. I'm already having a hard time trying to figure out where to place the two Narnia statues. The missus has only given me one room to display my goodies and I know she won't let it spread to the living room. :lol

Kong would look great on the coffee table, though.

Nice!

Like I said, it is a beautiful piece, but I just have no room for them. And for $150 it is a steal.

I just got my Narnia items got number 83 white which and 513 general otmin and 514 orieus, kick ass right? Wrong they sent me 2 general otmin statues I wasn't even paying attention to the box :banghead

Nitro said:

I have both of the busts and they're about 18" big and very heavy. I have them sitting on a cabinet until I find a way to put them on a wall without tearing it down.

I see you are crying again LOTRfan!!:lol

Got my Narnia otmin and orieus statues as well. For the time being, they are safely inside their boxes until I find space and a few Skogens from IKEA.

this is from StatueForum.

Well after some problems with a damaged Kong base, I decided to approach Weta's CS team to see if they could help (even though I didn't buy the statue directly from them).

Their response was just unbelievable to say the least. After returning the damaged base to them, Darren picked the best cast Kong base from the workshop and had Sourisak Chanpaseuth (Weta's chief SFX painter from the Lord of the Rings Trilogy) do a beautiful, one-off custom paint app on it!

To make things even better, he got Richard Taylor (head of SFX) and Peter Jackson (!!!) to sign the base for me, and returned it to me with a special Lord of the Rings collectible Film Frame mount never commercially available!

If that doesn't take the award for best Customer Service ever, I sure as hell don't know what does...:buttrock:

The photo doesn't bring out all the subtleties in Sourisak's paint app, but it's knockout - so much better than the standard production base.

Cheers guys! 'Above and beyond the call of duty' I think is the expression! :thumbs2:

kongbase1xl1.jpg

kongbase5sc2.jpg

Can someone please post shots of this statue next to other items or people so we get a better idea of its size. Thanks!

Six pages worth and I am still waiting!

btw Cool signed base! I wished I owned this piece. I should have gotten it.

Back