Good Hobbit bodies?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

galactiboy

OT Preferist
Reaction score
I just had the random thought that my Mego Little Rascals figure of Buckwheat could make an excellent base body for a custom Hobbit! Mego's were scaled at about 8" tall and the children more like 5". And when you pop Buckwheat next to Legolas and Aragorn he looks right about Hobbit sized!

Cool thing is that the Little Rascal figures aren't that pricey, my MOC Buckwheat was $25 and he's on the high end. They also have fairly good articulation for such a small size. Cut neck and waist, ball jointed shoulders, wrists and hips and hinged elbows, knees and I think ankles (didn't want to remove the boots).

buckwheat.jpg

Last edited:
:lol you surprise me everytime man :lol Little rascal?? What else do you own?

Looks pretty good but I thought Hobbits were slightly taller...:confused:

TOE said:
:lol you surprise me everytime man :lol Little rascal?? What else do you own?

Gotta keep you guessing :lol

Jedi_Mike said:
Looks pretty good but I thought Hobbits were slightly taller...:confused:

I was thinking they were about half the height of a person... but maybe he is a bit short. Although Legolas and Aaragorn are on bases which would make them look a bit taller. But I figure a customizer could probably adjust them a bit and get something fairly decent.

Also it give me hope that if a decent body can be made in the 70's Sideshow can do it nowadays!

[SIZE=-1]"They would be small, only children to your eyes.":aragorn[/SIZE]

FlyAndFight said:
"Buckwheat Baggins"

I love it!

Ha Ha :lol

He was really only to be used as a stand-in for an idea of size... but that would be pretty funny!

"Go to mount Doom... O-tay!"

Isn't the Hasbro 12" scaled TPM Anakin the right size as well? :confused:

I think he'd be a little tall. At the very least I think he would have less articulation. These Mego figures are surprisingly well made for being nearly 30 years old!

Isn't Sideshow going to make the Hobbits? Or are you just wanting to try to customize one on your own? Gawd, they BETTER be planning to make Hobbits! I think there would be a whole lot of upset LOTR collectors if they don't!:mad: :banghead :lightnin

Oh I can't imagine that the LOTR line would be completed w/o Hobbits, Trolls and other off-sized characters. I was just giving an example of a pre-existing base body that could work for customizers and be an example of what Sideshow could have in store for us. Just because a body is small, doesn't mean it shouldn't have decent articulation.

Also, the small bodies could be reused for Star Wars characters... because it would not be cool if they never released a Yoda!!!

Judging by that scan, the Frodo PF is surprisingly small compared to Lurtz, almost way too small. Is he really that tiny in comparison to Lurtz? Is the scale really so dramatic?

Captain Aldeggon said:
Judging by that scan, the Frodo PF is surprisingly small compared to Lurtz, almost way too small. Is he really that tiny in comparison to Lurtz? Is the scale really so dramatic?

Looks right to me. Hobbits are about half the size of men and Lurtz is bigger then human men.

Buffanatic said:
Isn't Sideshow going to make the Hobbits? Or are you just wanting to try to customize one on your own? Gawd, they BETTER be planning to make Hobbits! I think there would be a whole lot of upset LOTR collectors if they don't!:mad: :banghead :lightnin

I believe that they will make Hobbits eventually... but I think they gauging (or perhaps building) interest in the line by producing high demand figures with bodies that they already have before spending the money to design a new body size. And they can continue this practice for awhile with a Gandalf, Elrond, Denathor, Saruman, Grima and King Theoden figure as well as Arwen and Eowen using their female body. Easily two years of figures can be produced before they introduce the Hobbits. :eek:

I hope that we don't have to wait that long... the line is rolling out slow enough as it is. :rolleyes:

Of course with Toy Fair this next week, I might be proved wrong. Sideshow... PLEASE prove me wrong. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Protozaius said:
And they can continue this practice for awhile with a Gandalf, Elrond, Denathor, Saruman, Grima and King Theoden figure as well as Arwen and Eowen using their female body. Easily two years of figures can be produced before they introduce the Hobbits. :eek:

Hek, at this pace we'd be in for a 5 year wait to see all of these figures :lol I really do hope Sideshow cranks it up just a bit with this line... I could see a new figure every 2 or 3 months being reasonable.

Back