Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no but seeing him dancing was almost as bad.
giphy.gif

Seriously what benefit did Godzilla evolving in this film do for him.

It was an awful design and when you add pointless it becomes very frustrating.
:exactly:

Ok I just rewatched GvK ocean battle and then the final battle in HK of GvK then GKvMG and I’m able to get past the horrible MG design and enjoyed the actual battle.

Much better than anything from GxK.

80” TV helped lol

Anyways I would describe GxK more anticlimactic than boring.

Last edited:
I’m surprised none of you mentioned Godzilla belly flopping in the ocean. But anyway. Seems like everyone loves it. I knew you guys would hate it.

OMG no. You need to watch that again.

This is crazy talk. I will never understand your dislike for that one. Its a freaking Oscar winner compared to this film

If this film was half as smart as the 2007 Transformers film I think i could have left the theater satisfied.

Yep.

Again.. All the Apes were just too smart. Kong was handled much better in the last film. Yes he was smart and had some human moments but he was still "Animal like"

In this film he was not much different than a mute human. He actually put up his dukes for a fight :lol

Godzilla's new design is **** and ultimately no reason for it accept as an excuse for new toys.
Uh oh. We reached an era where transformers is called smart and not destroyed . I love that movie but when it came out it had the exact same reactions as you guys now. Now they are pretty much regarded as fun movies but had flaws. 😂

As an example, you see people dissect much more intelligent films here... you included... yet Godzilla gets a pass. A monster-size hall pass.

Godzilla is Transformers. No two ways about it.
You have to compartmentalize movies

A 10/10 for a Godzilla film is much different then a 10/10 for A L I E N

Unless we are talking about Minus 1 :)

Uh oh. We reached an era where transformers is called smart and not destroyed . I love that movie but when it came out it had the exact same reactions as you guys now. Now they are pretty much regarded as fun movies but had flaws. 😂
The music is great in that film.

The first and 3rd are good for what they are.

I guess I'm curious how Godzilla remains a favorite of the sci-fi/action/adventure/fantasy crowd here.

I mean, we all mostly grew up with the same things, so many of which have been left behind. No one here breaks down old Disney cartoons, or 1966 Batman episodes, or the myriad of stuff that was left behind from our childhood... yet somehow Godzilla got pulled along into adulthood. Many here race to the theater to see a Godzilla movie with as much relish as the next John Wick or James Bond movie. I cannot compartmentalize Godzilla in with even the most fantastic fantasy movies like Star Wars and Pirates. And as a kid -- 9-12 -- I was a Godzilla fanatic.

I guess I'm curious how Godzilla remains a favorite of the sci-fi/action/adventure/fantasy crowd here.

I mean, we all mostly grew up with the same things, so many of which have been left behind. No one here breaks down old Disney cartoons, or 1966 Batman episodes, or the myriad of stuff that was left behind from our childhood... yet somehow Godzilla got pulled along into adulthood. Many here race to the theater to see a Godzilla movie with as much relish as the next John Wick or James Bond movie. I cannot compartmentalize Godzilla in with even the most fantastic fantasy movies like Star Wars and Pirates. And as a kid -- 9-12 -- I was a Godzilla fanatic.
Simple

Giant monster with laser breath is eternal.

I always attribute it to what is a perfect monster design.

The dorsal plates, elongated tale, radioactive breath, angry eyes, and our primal love of watching said design destroy cities make Godzilla the character a timeless classic.

Make Godzilla just a dragon or a T. rex that blows fire and I guarantee that we would not be getting Godzilla film some 70 years later after the original.

Back