Media God of War 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Assassin's Creed III was scoring well at release.
The actual game's crap.

Watch Dogs was scoring well at release.
The actual game's crap.

EVOLVE was scoring well at release.
The actual game's beyond crap.

Yeah but this is God of War

Even if it doesn’t live up to the hype probability is that the game is really good

Just like all the Zelda’s

They all score 10

This was expected to get a 10

All legacy titles get a 10

Mario Zelda Uncharted Metal Gear Horizon God of War etc etc

Only thing that would hype me for this title is if it was rated 20 / 10

It’s gonna be a good game no matter what rating

It seems irrelevant to assign a grade to it at this point

Spider-Man will probably get a 10 as well

People already in denial and having meltdowns over the scores on twitter and elsewhere. :lol

Yeah. :lol
Heaven forbid that a game turns out fantastic and reviews praise it.
I am getting this next week. I think it looks amazing and I'm very much looking forward to playing it and forming my own opinion of the experience.

IGN scores for every God of War game
9.8 God of War
9.7 God of War 2
9.0 God of War: Betrayal
9.4 God of War: Chains of Olympics
9.4 God of War Collection
9.3 God of War 3
9.5 God of War: Ghost of Sparta
9.0 God of War: Origins
7.8! God of War: Ascension
8.8 God of War Remastered
10 God of War 4

The point is that no one should give a **** for "journalistic" reviews at release.
Honest video game journalism is long dead.

Not at all true, look at Gamespots Witcher 3 coverage where they visited Poland before the games release. Game Informer did a fantastic interview with the Metal Gear Solid voice director and cast regarding the making of the first game. Kotaku regularly has in depth, and candid interviews with developers.

Well an hour a bit in and this has already left me gobsmacked.

Just got past the 'stranger' encounter. Come back to me when you're past that and tell me you weren't expecting a fight that intense so early on? Jebus.

The boss fight with the stranger... epic or hard to beat him?

Not really hard but it's beyond words how epic and brutal it is. You would think it's a final boss battle.

I can safely say that Norse gods > Greek gods in strength if this is any indication. And I don't think stranger is even a god.

Yeah I just finished up that fight about 2 hours ago, couldn't believe how long it went on and how brutal it was....sort of like a more realistic version of the Dragonball Z cartoons. I'm only a few hours in and I've already seen Kratos raise his hand to almost comfort his son but then think better of it several times now, I'm hoping he's not doing this every single time the kid says something sad.

Back