Go Hero - 1/6 Doc Savage

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They sent out a newsletter with these pictures a few weeks ago and I read somewhere else that both heads will be in the one package:

htdoc1.jpg

htdoc2.jpg

htdoc3.jpg

And here's another picture:

31203d1346786198-go-hero-x-executive-replicas-doc-savage-1savagego2.jpg

Yea looks like the Kaustic body.

I don't think they have their own. The Shadow was on a horrid Sideshow Buck knockoff.

Figure looks decent.

I like it I just wish they made the part alittle lower on the head.

I'm not all that familiar with the stories, but I do know that Doc Savage is about as iconic as they get. A nice choice for a release, and looks like pretty decent execution.

Does this mean GO HERO plans to actually use a muscle body from KP or end up using a cheap knock off of the KP body?

I'd be satisfied if GO HERO simply produce the this as a set without the body, but the heads, outfit, & accessories and let the buyer acquire/utilize the appropriate 1:6 body of their preference if GO HERO is going to end up utilizing a cheap knock off body that will ruin the overall figure.

Damn, Savage has been around for a very long time, but still, this reminds me off The First Wave; his team up with Batman and The Spirit. The Spirit...what I wouldn't give for the classic Spirit (Eisner's, not Miller's) to get the high-end 1/6th treatment.:drool :drool :drool
Also, as far as bodies go, couldn't you just replace them when you get them?

Oversized head, and giant buttons are not doing this one any favors. Cool idea for a figure, but honestly one that could be bashed w/o a lot of effort.

The head is probably oversized to account for shrinkage in production. I have seen several of Executive Replicas prototype heads in hand and they run 8 to 10% larger than the finished product. I believe this is the first ER co-production that was not sculpted by Joy Snyder. Huge Doc Savage fan so I am looking forward to this. May buy two and commission someone to do a Ron Ely head. I still can't believe that no one has tried turning this into a new movie franchise. However after Green Hornet and John Carter maybe it's best left alone.

It's available for pre-order now for $250, higher than I expected based on their previous figures. I may be misreading the description but to make a second figure you're still going to need to find a second pair of pants, belt, holster and boots. How difficult that will be, I don't know. The body is one I believe you can still find for sale. It looks like another non-exclusive version of the figure, minus the Golden Age parts, will be available later.

https://www.facebook.com/goheronews
https://www.goheroshop.com/Shop_item.php?id=70&cat=2&sub=0#

‘The Man of Bronze’ - Doc Savage was created by publisher Henry W. Ralston and editor John L. Nanovic at Street and Smith Publications, with additional works by Lester Dent. Doc’s popularity transcended the pulps moving into radio, comic books, and a feature film. Doc has been interpreted by some of the greatest artists. This beloved adventurer is considered to be the model for the ‘super hero’ with his strength, intelligence, speed, physique, and wealth – he even has a ‘Fortress of Solitude’. The name Doc Savage is synonymous with courage, danger, and adventure - remaining a heroic pop-culture icon to this day.

For the first time ever, Executive Replicas and Go Hero are proud to present the first ever Doc Savage 1:6th scale action figure. Now you can superamalgamate with...

Heads:
- Silver Age Style Likeness
- Golden Age Style Likeness (DDD Exclusive)

Body - Kaustic Plastik Heroik Muscle Body KP02B:
- 3D Cad Computer Designed
- Over 40 Points of Articulation
- Extraordinarily Lifelike Muscle Definition
- 4 Posing Hands
- Carefully Painted Skin Texture
- Made of Extremely Durable Plastic (PVC & ABS)
- Improved Leg & Ankle Joints for Extra Stability
- Extra Size 31cm
- Figure Comes with 1 Body

Die Cast Weapons:
- 'Super Savage Machine Pistol' by Jim Steranko
(w/ Moveable Grip & 2 Detachable Clips)
- Silver Age Style Raygun
- Golden Age Art Deco Style Raygun 2 (DDD Exclusive)
- German Lugar

Clothes:
- Leather Belt w/ Buckle
- Leather Holster w/ Buckle
- Leather Boots w/ Zipper
- Pair of Socks
- Ripped Shirt (Weathered)
- Un-Ripped Shirt (Weathered) (DDD Exclusive)
- Jodhpurs

- Stand w/ Printed Logo
- Full Color Packaging w/ Classic Cover Art

- The DDD is ONLY AVAILABLE directly from GoHero.com and will not be offered out wholesale. No one else is authorized to offer this product edition at this time.

- The Golden Age Doc Savage is ONLY AVAILABLE in the DDD and is MADE TO ORDER for a LIMITED TIME. Doc Savage Silver Age Edition may be offered out via our normal distribution methods at a later date.

- Due to the nature of ‘Made to Order’ production, we will require payment prior to production completion. This marks a change in our previous preorder policies, but is necessary for this production.

- This product is scheduled for release Q3-Q4 2013. Release date is subject to change. Our priority is to get these products correct over being done quickly.

- We continually make product improvements during the production process. The final product may vary from the one shown.

- A Note on Cost: There are multiple factors that determine production costs and thus the MSRP...especially with 1:6 scale products. The entire Doc Savage project is limited to only 1000 pcs, it is doubled licensed, with die-cast parts, PVC (not resin), hand-made clothes, real leather, state of the art muscle body, and produced with reputable sources. We want to state this up front because we want our customers and fellow fans to be accurately informed how to compare this with seemingly comparable products with higher production runs. Rest assured this is the best possible combination of price, quality, & availability for this product. We are honored & proud to continue creating 'first ever' collectibles of these iconic characters for our fellow fans.

preorder.jpg

581796_10151405818773621_531228823_n.jpg

295642_10151400460578621_1007805403_n.jpg

253764_10151400460583621_1924924770_n.jpg

gh_er_ds_ddd_1.jpg

Last edited:
They must be high asking $250 for this. The final product so far on all of their releases has been mediocre.

I am tempted to get this.... but $250.00 I think is just way too much. I did like their Shadow figure, although the body it came on was terrible. This is not exactly Hot Toys quality but now they are asking HT prices. Also I doubt this will ship anytime this year. They announced the Shadow figure back in 2009 and it finally came out last summer.

Back