Gluing hair piece/wig to sculpt

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tworow2

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I recently bought a head sculpt from ebay, one of those kinds where the same face is available with 4 or 5 different kinds of hair. But when it came it either hadn't been glued, or not very well.

The back half of the head that the hair is attached to separated from the front. Everything fits snugly so regluing it shouldn't be a problem, but I just wanted to be sure before I try.

Is there a specific kind of glue I should use to glue the 2 plastic halves of a headsculpt together?

It's not by Phicen themselves but it's built the same way, with the seam from the forehead down by the ears.

It's an easy process since you say it's a 2 piece sculpt. Sometimes I forgo glue altogether and just use blue tacks, provided the wig and the head already have a good grip.

Most likely it is one of the "Kumik" heads. They have a resin/hard plastic type face and the hair piece in a soft plastic with the rooted hair. I agree with Jameson. It's better to use blue-tac or an artist putty/mounting tac so your head isn't permanently attached to the rooted hair piece.

Back