Girls play with dolls, boys play with action figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gender stereotypes FTW! :banana

Stereotypes are often stereotypical for a reason. There are always exceptions, and there's not a thing wrong with that. But, neither of my kids seem to be an exception.

SnakeDoc

Last edited:
Stereotypes are often stereotypical for a reason. There are always exceptions, and there's not a thing wrong with that. But, neither of my kids seem to be an exception.

SnakeDoc

All I can say is that I'm glad that, when I was five, my Dad actually took the time to expose me to different interests and discovered that I was a sucker for dinosaurs, spiders, snakes, lizards, volcanoes, ice ages, and so on. If people had just blindly handed me Barbies my entire childhood, I'm sure I would have played with them and enjoyed it well enough, but I suspect I would have been a less well-rounded person as a result. As it was, I was able to enjoy gory raptor-related carnage and pretty My Little Ponies at the same time. :D

Not saying you haven't done that, just that it can be really hard to tell the difference between a little girl who really wants to play house and one who does so because all she ever gets for her birthday are little pots and pans.

Pretty interesting stuff but does it matter what we call them?

As long as you enjoy collecting it shouldn't matter if they're 'dolls' or not. I don't mind people, especially people aren't into collecting, calling them dolls.

I tend to call them figures or dolls, my wife and kids call them dolls.
Comme ci comme ça!:google

Back