Gimli or thorin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris a

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Got some extra cash this week. I want to order a dwarf statue today either sideshow Gimli or Weta Thorin oakenshield. Any thoughts on which I should order

Well I want both but can only afford one this week just having a hard time deciding

Got ya. I'd get Gimli first because with Thorin being an open its likely to last a little longer than Gimli.

Where's the best place to buy Gimli fastest shipping sideshow took a week to ship out my ringwraith

Got ya. I'd get Gimli first because with Thorin being an open its likely to last a little longer than Gimli.

this sums it up perfectly. I actually got the gimli myself last night and the piece is amazing! Worth every penny, even full retail.

Gimli looks more classic dwarf.
Thorin is more classic in pose, Gimli more dynamic.

Now . . .is he comparing the Gimli EX with the Thorin EX? Not sure if either can be had easily at this point.

Got some extra cash this week. I want to order a dwarf statue today either sideshow Gimli or Weta Thorin oakenshield. Any thoughts on which I should order

is that a joke? they not even in the same league...

on the off chance you are serious..get the sideshow gimli of course!

Yes I was serious never seen either one in person but I bought Gimli

is that a joke? they not even in the same league...

on the off chance you are serious..get the sideshow gimli of course!

:rolleyes2

Dynamic as Gimli is, certain things just seemed off to me, not least his total non-expression as he's leaping into battle.

Thorin's a nice statue, but i'd personally go for the Sideshow/Weta Gimli statue.

Dynamic as Gimli is, certain things just seemed off to me, not least his total non-expression as he's leaping into battle.

Thorin's a nice statue, but i'd personally go for the Sideshow/Weta Gimli statue.

That's a fair point about the SS Gimli but it really is a tight statue. I actually think it looks better from the side which ironically is one of my beefs with SS's offerings.

Frodo he's the ying to your yang. You guys truly are the opposite sides of the same coin. :lol

I would get Gimli first. Thorin has a great design, but I must say the pose of this particular sculpt is not showcasing him favourably. Also, though some will disagree, I think the face sculpt lacks that nobility and badassery of Thorin, that we saw in so many promotional materials, even if there's still some likness to Armitage. The whole Hobbit hype is only beggining. You can be sure, there will be other Thorin statues in the future.

Also see if You can get the original Gimli Weta statue, released around the time Two Towers had its premiere. I believe its considered to be the best dwarf collectible to date. Not as flashy pose as the Sideshow one.

EDIT: oh, I see You made Your choice. Congratulations on the statue.

Last edited:
Back