Gift Cards or being able to use Visa Gift Cards

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarakawa

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
So, I was just curious. maybe someone at SSC or on this forum has an answer. Why does Sideshow not do gift cards? I mean actual cards that can be purchased from them for someone else to use on the site(on any item, not like those discount cards that can only be used on in stock items). It's still money in their pocket and would make birthday and christmas time A LOT easier for me. They also don't accept split payments on items where I could get a VISA gift card and use that to do a partial payment on something. I just don't get it...seems like any other store is capable of both of these things. Why doesn't SSC do either? I know some of you will just say "well, just ask for cash" but a lot of people just don't like giving stuff as cash as it's pretty damn impersonal. I usually end up getting Amazon gift cards but an SSC gift card would ALWAYS be my first choice if it were an option. That would probably add up to at least 1 or 2 extra purchases a year for me. Anyway, to whoever answers this, thanks in advance!

I too wish they'd do gift cards because my family a lot of the time would like to buy me some of the stuff I get for Birthdays or Christmas or whatever, but the nature of having to pre-order everything really makes it impossible other than just having them pay me back for an order arriving around the right time. Gift cards (even if they just translated into reward point cards) would really be awesome.

Heck, if they offered a credit card that earned reward points I'd sign up for it. I'd rather earn plastic crack than airline miles :lol

So dumb how I cant be given a gift card because I like in Canada.

I guess they don't want money.

For now only those in the US can purchase gift cards. That said...if someone outside of the US recieves a gift card they can use it on purchases. Important note for those outside of the US and using gift cards...the gift card cannot connect cover non-US taxes, import fees, VAT.

-SideshowAlex

Sorry Canada peeps! But I am UBER STOKED. Can't believe this is now a reality!!! I will be telling everyone that this is what I want for XMas:lol Thanks SSC!! Thanks Alex!

Probably a stupid question but can I use my PayPal account to buy a gift card?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

One more question, are you able to use all your gift cards on a single order or are they kept separate?

One more question, are you able to use all your gift cards on a single order or are they kept separate?

Gift cards are added to one 'pot' when you lock them into your Sideshow account, so you have to use all of that 'pot' total on the same order (of a single or multiple items on the same order). If you want to spread the wealth on separately placed orders, I'd suggest only entering a single gift card on order 1, single gift card on order 2 and so on upon checkout for each individual order instead of adding them all into your Sideshow account as you get them.

-SideshowAlex

Gift cards are added to one 'pot' when you lock them into your Sideshow account, so you have to use all of that 'pot' total on the same order (of a single or multiple items on the same order). If you want to spread the wealth on separately placed orders, I'd suggest only entering a single gift card on order 1, single gift card on order 2 and so on upon checkout for each individual order instead of adding them all into your Sideshow account as you get them.

-SideshowAlex

That's good to know. Thanks for the reply!

It would be nice to be able to use whatever sum you want from your "pot." I would prefer to use a little per order instead of all at once. Still I am very happy these were finally introduced and got some nice xmas gifts out of it!

Back