Gidget Earle, Sideshow Costumer & Fabricator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seaward said:
Welcome to the board Gidget!

Sideshow creates some amazing figures, due to the amazing work done by the sculptors and the fantastic work done by the clothing fabricators. Sideshow 1/6 outfits are far and away some of the best "toys" I have ever seen. It is quite an honor to be able to say thanks directly to the person responsible for some of my favorite figures!

Those 1/6 costumes are more difficult to do than the premium format figures. The smaller it gets, the harder it is to make.

Darklord Dave said:
Willow's pink sweater is one of my favorites - that must have been a real challenge.

Yes it was a real challenge! That was the first job I did for Sideshow so I really tried hard to capture it. Since I could not find a bulky knit pink fabric at retail, I hand crocheted the first sample! However, we had to change the fabric when moved into production, as China would not be able to "hand" knit each one.

Could you fill us in on the decisions that were made to change the fabric of Anakin's shirt for the SDCC Vader? :cool:

pixletwin said:
Could you fill us in on the decisions that were made to change the fabric of Anakin's shirt for the SDCC Vader? :cool:

Welcome to the board!

I would be curious as to the answer to this question as well.

Also, any difficulty working with the Lucas folks?

pixletwin said:

Hi,
No I'm sorry I wasn't involved in the change of that shirt fabric...

Darth Kustomizer said:
Welcome to the board!

I would be curious as to the answer to this question as well.

Also, any difficulty working with the Lucas folks?

I'm sorta used to being tortured by licensors after doing so much work for Disney....so I can't say that Lucas was any more tough than others. It's all a matter of character correctness and trying to be as precise as possible in replicating the costumes like the originals in the films. 99% of the time I am there on the first try.

Back