GI Joe: Rise of Cobra Discussion and Reviews [SPOILERS]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, he does have a point. Turning Optimus Prime into a monkey is pretty on par with what they did with ROC. :lol

Technically they changed Prime into a bat; by the time the monkey was introduced he was already a different character. :lol

Nope, the 2002 He-Man was poorly drawn anime that didn't look or feel like He-Man to me. Beast Wars was a pretty cool novelty for about two episodes. Both were pretty easily dismissed. That's great if they floated your boat but they certainly didn't do it for me.

A novelty wouldn't have brought Transformers back from the dead and wouldn't have been a terrific show that balanced humorous and dark storylines perfectly. :)

Okay, back ontopic. :lol

Question for the Europeans among us. Was it me, or did the Doctor really feel like a movie version of the Action Man villian, Dr. X? Cyborg, mad scientist, bald, the monocle isn't that much different from the robot eyes that X had over the years, and the figure even comes with a claw that fits ovoer the left hand. Really wouldn't surprise me if this was the case, since the producer admitted that he didn't really understand GI Joe and wanted to make a (shudder) Action Man movie instead.

maybe its just me but i didnt mind this movie too much! i'm a huge gi joe fan and thought the movie did a good job at making me re-live the nostalgia!

some of the cgi was terrible and some scenes were cheesy but overall i liked this movie!

to hear all the names was awesome! the baroness was smoking hot!!

the fight scene between snake eyes and storm shadow was wicked! brought me right back to the cartoon! i really like the back story as well between the 2

the story of how cobra commander became the commander was interesting as was the story of destro! although i didn't like cobra commanders mask at all!

the scenes in the water were terrible.. too much cgi but then again to turn a cartoon like gi joe into real life is not an easy task!

the first time snake eyes appeared i was in awe! he looks awesome in this movie!!

overall i'll give it a 7/10 just for keeping me entertained and bringing back some great memories!

I just want to say that since its been months this movie has been out, those like me who were sayin this movie was pure crap were absolutely right.those defending that movie failed miserably.

Kudos to the haters.we were right.:woo

Thankfully this movie will be forgotten before too long even with a sequel supposedly already in development. When someone says Scooby Doo no one thinks of Freddie Prinze Jr anymore. Same with He-Man and Dolph Lundgren. Soon Channing Tatum and Marlon Wayans will be nothing more than a footnote as well.

Thankfully this movie will be forgotten before too long even with a sequel supposedly already in development. When someone says Scooby Doo no one thinks of Freddie Prinze Jr anymore. Same with He-Man and Dolph Lundgren. Soon Channing Tatum and Marlon Wayans will be nothing more than a footnote as well.

Unfortunately, Hollywood says otherwise. After the umpteen craptacular Scary Movies, White Chicks AND the colostomy bag that was the D&D movie, Marlon should've been blacklisted already.

Unfortunately, Hollywood says otherwise. After the umpteen craptacular Scary Movies, White Chicks AND the colostomy bag that was the D&D movie, Marlon should've been blacklisted already.

I meant that their association with GI Joe will soon be nothing more than a sad footnote, not that they won't ever work again.

I meant that their association with GI Joe will soon be nothing more than a sad footnote, not that they won't ever work again.

Not that it wouldn't be a bad thing. :lol Unfortunately, I think Hasbro's sole purpose is to napalm their faces into every house in America as the definitive Joes.

I just want to say that since its been months this movie has been out, those like me who were sayin this movie was pure crap were absolutely right.those defending that movie failed miserably.

Kudos to the haters.we were right.:woo

I dont think anyone in the world can defend this. Even those who enjoyed it.

I actually dont remember much...so...that cant be a good sign.

Yea but, how many cartoons made to movies really were that good anyway?..its almost a no-brainer they are not going to be as cool as the original ever was, and have characters background stories be butchered etc..Saying this movie was going to suck was not a big shocker or anything..not hard to predict at all...and there shall be more cartoon or video game to movies that will suck in the future to come.

Transformers 1 was pretty good, 2 was terrible, Rise of cobra sucked out the gate, a sequel to it ?!...:yuck:yuck:cuss

How about one of those "new directer, yea it sucked, we're sorry, wish we never done it, here...here's a new one, incredible hulk" redo's???

How about one of those "new directer, yea it sucked, we're sorry, wish we never done it, here...here's a new one, incredible hulk" redo's???

Speaking of which, were there nipples on Snake Eyes body armor?
Unfotunately I think they have to make at least one more terrible movie before they'll reboot the franchise, we just got lucky with Hulk.:dunno

Speaking of which, were there nipples on Snake Eyes body armor?Unfotunately I think they have to make at least one more terrible movie before they'll reboot the franchise, we just got lucky with Hulk.:dunno

I don't think there were but he did have a mouth print in the mask which is just as bad is not worse... eew!

Back