Ghost in my LCD TV?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chimera 1

Super Freak
Reaction score
I have a 32" LCD tv and recently a ghost appeared in the center of my TV. Not the supernatural kind but a dark shadow-like mass is right in the center of the TV. It's not dead pixels because you can see the picture behind it. It's more of a shadow and it is more noticeable on bright scenes then it is on dark scenes. The tv is still watchable but I was wondering if this happened to anyone else and if it did, if it was fixable or not? I googled it and got a variety of results.

Could be clouding, and if so it is not really fixable. This is common with many LCD TVs. You could try and let the people you bought it from know.

seven days.

that's how long you have to return it to best buy.

This happened to mine but now its gone really bad. I need a new tv. Not to scare you but personally I would recommend trying to get a new tv if possible.

This happened to mine but now its gone really bad. I need a new tv. Not to scare you but personally I would recommend trying to get a new tv if possible.

oh your not scaring me. I wanted a new one but now I can justify it to the wife. :D

oh your not scaring me. I wanted a new one but now I can justify it to the wife. :D

I am actually an expert TV repairman by trade. The problem you are describing is called LCD overburn. This is caused by older LCD TVs that are hooked to older power in homes.

This is a major problem that will eventually burn a hole through the TV and may cause a fire if a wall is near the TV or you have the TV on a wooden stand. I would advise replacing the TV as soon as possible. Also, if this happened to this LCD TV then I would suggest getting a top-of-the-line model for your next TV so you don't have this problem again.

Ok, just show the top part of that post to your wife to convince her. I actually don't know anything about TVs. Thank me later. :D

I crapped myself then !. :horror I thought my house was gonna burn down !. :horror:lol

Yeah he had me going for a minute too. :rotfl

I talked to my wife about it last night. I said: I think our TV is on it's last leg. She said: I knew that. I said: You did. She said: Yeah I was pricing them online. I think we should get a 52" this time. I said (in as much of a calm tone as i could knowing if i sounded to excited she would probably pull the rug out from under me just for laughs): yeah that would be cool.

Oh Yeah!!!! :chew

Back