GG's Princess Leia up at their site

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will be ordering this from The Godfather the moment I get confirmation that Gentle Giant did not change the piece (pun purely intended) shown at SDCC.

IrishJedi said:
I will be ordering this from The Godfather the moment I get confirmation that Gentle Giant did not change the piece (pun purely intended) shown at SDCC.

hmm i just ordered one from the Godfather....I never really thought about the fact that GG would change anything on it. Was there news of a change or something?

nash said:
hmm i just ordered one from the Godfather....I never really thought about the fact that GG would change anything on it. Was there news of a change or something?

I never heard that there was a change, just that it hadn't yet been officially approved by Lucas licensing at one point, which left the possibility of a change. But the fact that it came up pretty soon after SDCC makes me think that the one we saw got approved.

i heard that Fisher saw the statue at a convention and she did not like it at all. She told GG to redo it and make it less provocative. Just what I heard.

I wouldnt think that Fisher would have any sort of leverage in the matter. she's not LFL, and im sure GG wouldnt listen to just her word.

Darth Loki said:
No thanks. I'm almost positve we'll get a Slave Leia PF from SS and I think it will be a better overall piece. I'm trying to teach myself some restraint.

A PF Tatooine Leia would be really cool. However, I think (and hope) it would be distinctly different from this statue. I admire the statue, and have put it on order, but I'm already having second thoughts because the seductive pose seems out of character. The recent GG photos look a little more slutty than the pics from comic con.
-theropod

jimmyjamesf said:
I thought the one at the con was awesome hard telling if they have changed anything or not I guess maybe should ask huh.
Ask them! You're the Godfather--they have to listen!

theropod said:
I'm already having second thoughts because the seductive pose seems out of character. The recent GG photos look a little more slutty than the pics from comic con.
-theropod

I know that I would be turned on if I was stripped down to my metal underwear and publicly chained to a giant slobbering slug.

But GG does seem to be playing up the seductive angle:

main_forty_four.jpg

Actually, besides the chest being out of proportion, and the forward lean to the pose, I think what makes it a bit too sultry for the character setting is the ultra-thick mascara. It's Jabba's palace, not his brothel. Besides, Gardula the Hutt is the star at Jabba's bordello.
If they tone that down a bit it might work better while keeping the same sculpt.
-theropod

theropod said:
Actually, besides the chest being out of proportion, and the forward lean to the pose, I think what makes it a bit too sultry for the character setting is the ultra-thick mascara. It's Jabba's palace, not his brothel. Besides, Gardula the Hutt is the star at Jabba's bordello.
If they tone that down a bit it might work better while keeping the same sculpt.
-theropod

I thought they had to tape them back in those scenes because they were to big?

Preorders for the Koto Slave Leia were cancelled in droves when this was previewed. I wonder if SS's PF version will cause the same results with this one.

Back