GG's Luke on Tauntaun...Pre-order

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: re

i think its about right if its in scale with the dewback, (them dewies were pretty big)
sure its small , but if the details there , no problemo for me.
im glad they are making it scale to he dewback as thats one of my very fav peices..
:bliss

Is this still 1/7 scale? If so, it's the scale GG was going to do for dioramas.

The dioramas are not 1/7 scale, they are in 7" scale, which I assume means the riders would be 7" tall if standing up. If Luke on TaunTaun is in this same scale then I am buying it.

The Biker Scout is SUPPOSED to be a diorama, despite what some people claim. Take a look at the description of it from GG page. It is in 7-inch scale like the Dewback:

Designed in 7-inch scale – This statue measures 12.5" x 6.5" x 7.5"

www.gentlegiantltd.com/ca...id=WEB6984

I will save you all the wait, it is not in scale with the Dewback statue. Commence bashing and not ordering.

I really hope you're kidding, because the 3 will look cool together if they are all in scale. If not, I may sell them or display them separately.

GG has been pretty bad lately, IMO, and they REALLY need the diorama line to take off to bring back in their customer base. Koto is kicking their butt right now with the Clone Troops and the Snowtrooper, and they really need to get it together.

Derrr...that's right. I knew a 7 was in there somewhere. I do remember without even looking that you are right though. 7" scale...so basically anything would be shrunk to 7" scale. So I guess that means a Rancor would be 7" tall?

So I guess that means a Rancor would be 7" tall?

I take the 7" scale to mean that a normal 6' tall human would be 7" tall, and that the scale is designed based on that. The Dewback is pretty big, but the Sandtrooper looks to be about that size (7").

Yep...you are right...Sandtrooper is about 7" tall on the Dewback. So, 7" scale is based on a humanoid being 7" tall, so a Rancor in theory would still be very large. Although I don't really think we'll see one...I'm just hypothesizing(sp?) I guess.

Yes El I was teasing. Sorry I didn't make it clear just wanted to stick a little fuel on the fire. :lol

Honestly in person I would have to say that Luke and the Sandtrooper figure are the same size or relativly close anyway. And luke is deff in scale with the Taun-ton. So in all I would have to say that they are keeping all the diorama's to the same scale.

But everyone can still hate on it becuase I though it was great and I will deff get one. The less people order the less the edition size will be.

Jesse

re

Damn you! Damn you all and your infernal meddlind! Now I have to get yet another SW statue...! The pain, the pain... :help

ALTHOUGHT HEY ARE ALL IN SCALE (THESE DIARAMAS)
THE SPEEDER BIKE ACTUALLY ISNT,THEY HAVE SIGNIFICANTLY SHORTENED THE NOSE SECTION
JUST THOUGHT ID SHARE THAT WITH YOU ALL.:bliss

THE SPEEDER BIKE ACTUALLY ISNT,THEY HAVE SIGNIFICANTLY SHORTENED THE NOSE SECTION

You are correct, but that is their error and is not intended, IMO.

AND JUST BECAUSE IT ISN'T AN ACCURATE DESIGN (ACCIDENT OR NOT), DOESN'T MEAN IT'S NOT SCALE.

JESSE

What?! Hadn't looked that closely. We have a modified Speeder Bike? Stubby is being used instead of a stock machine? Ohhhh brother.... ;)

re

Just our luck to have GG release an ewok statue measuring the same height as this farmyard chicken. :lol :puke

I THINK IT WAS JUST GOING TO BE TO LONG ,SO THEY CHOPPED A FEW FEET OUT OF THE PIPEY NOSE SECTION,
IM STILL WELL UP FOR IT, IT WILL BE VERY GROOVY.

JESSE
IT IS AN ACCURITE DESIGN , IT JUST ISNT SCALE.
ITS THE SAME AS ANY SPEEDER BIKE , BY DESIGN, ITS JUST SHORTER.
IT WILL BE INTERESTING TO SE IF GG USE THERE NORMAL
"WE LASER SCAN ACTUAL PROPS TO ENSURE YOU GET THE BEST COLLECTABLE "WAFFLE ON THIS PIECE , AS WE ALL KNOW THEY'D BE LYING
LOL
BUT I STILL WANT ONE , IT S GONNA BE GREAT
:bliss

Yeah...still looks good. As long as it looks good...perfection isn't totally necessary. Can just be a custom speeder bike designed by the Scout Trooper pimpin it. ;)

Ahh but it is "in scale", the front end is chopped off but the speeder is in scale, ie proportionate. That means the design of the model is off intentially which has nothing to do with the scale of the piece.

But seriously man hit the caps lock every once in a while. It's not very pleasing to the eye to have to read in all caps.

Jesse

This one is not a statue it is a Diorama as mentioned above it is in scale with the Dewback as far as I can tell from seeing it at SDCC. If it was only 7 inches total it would be part of the bust up line. LOL

As for the speeder bike that one looks to be in the same size as the rest of the GG statues. The chopped nose how do we know these guys are not like all bikers and are into custom bikes. :lol

Back