GG vader animated pre-order

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tomandshell said:
I would order early!

Based on Gentle Giant's track record with Vader, they may only make 25,000 of these...

Definitely;

I am sure this will not have an ES less than 7500 pieces worlwide. I pre-ordered leia and did not order fett. Imo, vader also would be picked from ebay to half price of RTP.

Of course, the Dewback statue was available for less than retail on eBay at one point. The Boba Fett bust had an ES of 7500 and is now worth four or five times its original value. Given time, most of these GG pieces will increase in price, or at least hold their value. Even the AOTC white clone had a large run and is now going up. I would say that only Yoda and ROTS Vader will never get back up to their original MSRP.

In the end, I would much rather see a larger edition size that guarantees one to everybody who wants it during the preorder months. Sooner or later, anything less than 10,000 will dry up and become harder to find. There are just a whole lot of Star Wars collectors out there...

Surprisingly the Stormtrooper bust at 10K is on the rise, and I was fortunate to get just about retail on my Vader bust.

For the moment there are a lot of SW collectors true, however, nobody can tell what will happen in 5 years time.

I am sure SW will continue great tv series, animated series..etc. I also love the comics by dark horse however, I remain my position that 7500 is way too high. And one more thing for the boba fett bust by GG, it is one of the coolest busts out there. so no suprise why it increases to 4-5 times.

gambit said:

I am sure SW will continue great tv series, animated series..etc.

Let's not forget the 3D version of Star Wars in couple of years. :maul

...and Movie spin offs from the TV series. ;)

I'll be getting this piece to display with my 1/4 Vader, Code3 TIE Advanced, and MR ANH Vader Lightsaber. :google

Back