GG stuff from Toy Fair

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Loki

Super Freak
Reaction score
Most Wanted Collectibles has some more of the GG pieces that were on display at Toy Fair for sale.

Rancor
Leia and R2
Han and Greedo bookends

This latest batch of stuff is scheduled to ship in October. I guess that the Maul bust and the Royal Guard statue will come out in November/December and will be up for preorder in another month or so. The Kenobi statue was the only piece from Toy Fair that was not due for release in 2006, so Maul ought to be available for preorder before too long. I will be picking him up as well. :maul

Are you getting all the animated maquettes? I was on the fence but these are just looking cooler and cooler. I think the Leia is my favorite of them all.

I can't wait till they put the Maul bust up that thing was pretty cool and will look great inbetween the two Maul statues from GG that I have. I've got the Fett Maquette coming and will order Vader when they put it up.

I'm looking foward to the Clone Wars animated Bust-ups series. I hope they do some animated Bust-ups for the OT like they are for the maquettes.

Oh, and thank God I'm not a Bust-up completist. I might would've killed someone over the Blackhole Stormtrooper and Commander Gree variants :google

Yeah I love the Bust-Ups. Such a great cheap alternative to the $50 busts. And I think some of the bust ups look better than the busts. I have them littered around my desks at home and work. I may have to get the whole series of the Clone Wars bust ups.

I've got a few bust ups the clean and dirty ep 3 clones minus Gree which I would like to get at somepoint.

LOTRFan said:
Rancor for me please. :monkey5

Oh hells yeah! That's the one I'm most excited about. That should look great with any other pieces.

Mini-milestone- Post# 500
Can I get a Chewie dance line going on?
:chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew

As much as I love the look of the Leia maquette, I didn't order it. It just doesn't fit in with anything else in my collection. I did order the Fett maquette because I have a Fett display, but the Leia wouldn't match anything else I have and would just kind of be out there on her own. I might change my mind later, but I ordered the Chewie bust, the Rancor statue, and the cantina bookends, so I'm not exactly itching to commit any more money right now to something that doesn't fit the rest of my collection.

Darth Loki said:
Mini-milestone- Post# 500
Can I get a Chewie dance line going on?

:chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew

Last edited:
I'm trying very hard to stay away from the GG mini-busts. There are just so many and at $50 a pop I could get a SS 12". I'm assuming SS will do almost every character that GG has a bust for so I'm playing the patience game with those. And as great as the Maul bust looks, my bust-ups look good enough for me.

Yeah, I'm not doing many of the GG Busts myself. I'll get the clones and Maul for sure and maybe a couple others but most of my money is going to SS. I'm actually thinking of just having my paycheck next school year sent directly to them just to cover everything.:lol

Congrats DL on 500 :chew :chew :chew :chew

I am loving the new GG stuff. I have the Biker Scout statue and Luke on Tauntaun coming and I will be preordering the Rancor. The cantina book ends looks nice also. It is a fantastic SW year, especially with the SS 12" line. I just wish I could have gotten the dewback. It will always bug me that it is out of my reach. Just like the SSW cavetroll and balrog has been elusive for me.

yeah, I've been pretty calm on the GG bust dept. I only have 3 and will probably only get the new trooper and Maul busts. I only get the ones I think are worth the money. Especially with SSC taking most of my money.

I will say that I cannot get enough of the MR mini line.. Soon we will have blasters! And in their own cases no less! :chew

JohnyBoo said:
I am loving the new GG stuff. I have the Biker Scout statue and Luke on Tauntaun coming and I will be preordering the Rancor. The cantina book ends looks nice also. It is a fantastic SW year, especially with the SS 12" line. I just wish I could have gotten the dewback. It will always bug me that it is out of my reach. Just like the SSW cavetroll and balrog has been elusive for me.

The Dewback is the best of the GG Star wars stuff. Thankfully, it's not quite as expensive now as the Balrog and Cave Troll statues. Maybe you will get it one day! I am hoping to see a companion Tusken Raider on Bantha diorama some time in the not too distant future.

I am waiting to get my Tauntaun as well--have you seen that it comes with an alternate swappable head? A nice surprise. I like the statues more than the busts, but I have picked up a few busts lately. I now have every statue they have released, but I will definitely not be a bust completist. I also changed my mind and ordered the Leia maquette after all. Not sure where she will go, but it's too nice a piece to let it pass me by.

Yeah I am no completest when it comes to the busts, but they have some really cool ones. I dig all of the masked/alien characters because they are usually the best but I do have the Han bust. He will look great next to Chewie once he's released.

this is a retarded question, but does anyone know when the projected date of release is for the Maul bust?? im running off 2 hours of sleep for 3 days now so im really tired and lazy rightn ow.

I think the swapable head on the tauntaun is great! I love the GG stuff as much as I love the SS 12". The chewie and Maul busts are a must for me and the Boba Fett statue is very tempting, but I will wait for my Boba from SS.

Back