GG Jabba's Palace bookends

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Liking these bookends much better than the last set. This will be my 1st GG purchase in many years.

Even though I said a few months ago in this thread that I won't be getting this, I totally am. :) But I'm not sure that it's worth it to me to get the PGM version -- what does membership cost nowadays?

Here are the exclusive additions:

gg_jabba_bookends_pg1.jpg
gg_jabba_bookends_pg2.jpg

I have asked repeatedly whether these exclusive pieces will be available separately or through ADs and have yet to get a confirmed response from GG...which makes me think they will be.

GG's email says that this is a PGM exclusive only.

not the first time they said that, only to release the product via ADs at a much lower price point down the road. The senate guard statue and black stormie statue are recent examples.

No kidding? I didn't realize that. Kinda defeats the whole purpose of having an exclusive. I hope they keep it exclusive this time, especially since they're limiting the number a PG member can buy.

Got my Jabba's Palace bookends yesterday. I think they're really quite good, although that's mostly because they work as an accessory to the other items in the Gentle Giant Jabba lineup (they're in the same scale and style). Unlike the Han/Greedo or trash compactor ones, this doesn't really have central focus, so as a standalone piece it's just okay. I only paid $135 through the SWShop sale, so I'm pretty happy with them.

gg_jabba_bookends1.jpg

I have them displayed behind my GG Jabba on throne, and I think it works pretty well. Ideally, I'd have a bit more room but this is what I have to work with at the moment. I did have to put a book under the front of the throne since the back part is resting on the bookends. I am displaying Leia as Boushh elsewhere since I already have Slave Leia on the throne and I don't really have room for her anyway.

Here's the whole GG lineup together. I really like it.

I forgot to add that the nice thing about them is that the figures are all separate pieces that can be placed more or less anywhere on the base, since they attach with magnets rather than metal posts or something. I decided to put Boba Fett in front of Han in Carbonite and move the Gamorrean over a bit.

I wish Sideshow gave us that other wall instead of giving us Half of an archway.

Back