GG Harry Potter bust the next "hot" item?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NASEDO

Super Freak
Reaction score
After reading on the Statue forum, someone was looking for the GG Potter bust, and couldn't find one. So for fun I started my own hunt for one. Although I do have one its fun to search. But I couldn't find any from dealers and ebay has 1 or 2 which is low amount for ebay.

So does this mean the bust will skyrocket in price? When these first came out I wondered. Its just the little kid factor, since being a movie made more for kids and small kids dont collect, the line could just be ordinary. But I do remember seeing the newest movie and most of the audience being adult.

Anyway, I guess the line is doing well. The edition size is great, the sculpt is good, and I cant wait for the next figures to come.

Anyone wanting to get in the line better think fast because I have a feeling the Potter bust is going to go up into the $hundreds, and I would imagine the others will do well also, in the footsteps of the GG clone wars line, happy hunting.

I think there is that misconception that HP is just for kids and some may be dismissing the collectibles for that reason. But GG has really low runs on these and I think the title character will definitely shoot up in value.

Also they are very well done. They're the first busts I've committed to the whole series for.

My wife is a big HP fan, and she's not a kid. Actually, I know more adults who read the books than kids, and I don't know many kids who would get excited about a collectible bust that you can't play with. GG is aiming the line at adult collectors who love the books and films--and I think there are more out there than some people might think.

For those who missed the Harry bust, there's always hope that GG will release the full body statues previewed at SDCC (sorry for the awful picture):

ggharry7qa.jpg

I'm a big Gentle Giant Star Wars collector. I didn't picked up the HP busts, but both Harry and Sirius Black look very cool. I really enjoy the books and movies.

Well if the Harry Potter bust reaches the hundreds.............hmmmmmmm.

I was so totally torn about these busts.

At the end I just got Harry as I thought that even though Sirius Black was a lower number edition that Harry was sure to disappear.

Looks like I was right.

I'll be getting the full range and I really hope that they do bring those full sizers out.

The Wands are an excellent purchase too (and quite cheap!)

Just got Snape and Dumbledore (thanks Bob!) and I'm loving this series even more. They are so big, Sirius was hunched over so you couldn't really see the effect, but these are almost a full 3/4 of a 1/6 figure. And each one has been a great sculpt (unlike GG's SW busts). And at least the next 3 are equally as great since I saw them at SDCC. I think a lot of fans are going to regret not getting on board this fantasy train from the start.

Cheap is relative - some people are selling the wands on ebay, but are marking them up from Noble's prices. Getting them straight from NC is a good bet.

And the NC wands are much better than the Japanese exclusive ones, so don't be fooled.

Now - anyone want to buy my Japanese exclusive ones?

I wasn't the first to notice, but it's true that the "Harry" bust is getting almost impossible to find and the EBay prices are climbing. I waited and procrastinated and then finally decided to jump on the bandwagon. I was lucky to find one yesterday from an online retailer and paid just a little bit over the $45 retail price.:D
Sorry, it was his last one.:banghead
So, here I go again, down another obsessive compulsive path. :banana

I bought both Harry and Sirius not long after they got released, same goes for Snape and Dumbledore.
2000 is a low number for a big character like Harry, so i had a feeling these might become hard to find, i think the same will happen to Snape really...

I think it's funny how people are now suddenly running around trying to find one, there didn't seem to be much interest in the beginning, or at least.. i never really heard much about them. But i think the good likeness has made them populair and with Hermione and Ron coming... many people want to have "The Trio" complete.

For anyone out there trying to find one, good luck! i'd say.. try at european stores, i know some Dutch stores who still have them, shipping will be higher, but i think it's either that, or Ebay.

Sammet said:
and with Hermione and Ron coming... many people want to have "The Trio" complete.

That's the reason I started with collecting the line.
So now I have (since today) Harry, Sirius, Snape and Dumbledore.

dunedain said:
That's the reason I started with collecting the line.
So now I have (since today) Harry, Sirius, Snape and Dumbledore.

Yeah, i saw your pics on Collectiblez, you won't regret getting these!

Darklord Dave said:
They'll do another Harry I'm sure. Either in Quidditch robes or some other variant.

probably, or just in normal clothes.. but i like having the very first one, also, i think we 'need' other characters first (Draco, Voldemort, normal Lucius etc) before a new Harry.

A Harry statue though... that would be nice right now. Can we assume the bust line is doing well? if so... please make a Harry (or Hermione/Ron) statue happen GG :dance

Still waiting on my Dumbledore. He's the only other one that I ordered in addition to Harry. Can't get too carried away with this line...

Back